Hampton at Unicoi

uknoit2

Unicoi will not be near as big and no where near as fast as GP but still another tough game on the road for week 2.... Especially after Friday night.

These boys have to remember we played a GP team that looked like a 5A program and still probably had close to 300 yds rushing....We just have to learn to give it our all on every single down. Three times, I can think of, we drove to the 10 or closer and nothing GP could do to stop us...but we came away scoreless because we didn't give the same effort every down.

This could be like 2013 when we started 0-3, but if we play ball we can take care of business the next 9 games.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, IMDog said:

This will also be a tough game,but I don't see it being as lopsided as GP,the Dogz will improve over the season,with a lot of underclassmen getting more experience.

Think they played SG pretty tough. I'd say Hampton had better show up 

14 hours ago, pujo said:

Think they played SG pretty tough. I'd say Hampton had better show up 

UnicoI didn’t appear to be as good as they were last yr. They ran mostly and occasionally threw to keep us honest. Their #9 stud RB Kody Lewis was held to under 60 yds. We played good D but he seemed to just want to get to the edge and run—didn’t seem to want much contact. They gave #9 the ball a lot first half but second half he was either just blocking or out. Their #19 ran between the tackles quite a bit and is smaller and a bit shiftier than #9. They do have a monster OL radio said he was 6’5 and 300+. I didn’t see him dominate like he should though. They made quite a bit of mistakes in the red zone—multiple holding calls and silly penalties for lining up in neutral zone. We made some stupid mistakes as well. Definitely have some things to coach on this week. 

4 hours ago, harley04 said:

you have too look like a 7 or 8a team to win this region, you ran the ball very well. don't think unicoi can keep you out of the endzone enough.I'm thinking dogs by 2 scores.:mrgreen: 

Harley, we may run all over Unicoi, but if we don't play every down, it won't matter....I know our bigs got tired on our drives, being pounded by GP monsters, but you have to find it inside to go one more time. Also it wasn't just the bigs missing blocks either....We could have made it a more respectable contest IMO.

It's over so we have to get our heads up and go to work this week

2 hours ago, harley04 said:

I was impressed with dogs run simple plays that work if you get your assignment. I think similar offense with unicoi , dogs are discipline very few flags even from uncle Harley. thats big :mrgreen:

:roflolk:

Got a question for Ref Uncle Harley...How do we intercept the ball in the end zone, get pushed out of the end zone and tackled then get the ball on the 1 instead of the 20?  Uncle Harley messed us over on that one :roflol:

Edited by uknoit2