2019 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

15 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

It's a very valid point.  The main cogs of that team have known to no show up in big travel games so will be worth watching as the season goes on 

Worth watching for sure. I still think they have a shot. Will be interesting how the weekend shakes out if they have to play some tough competition. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/12/2019 at 7:02 AM, TeeterTot said:

It's a very valid point.  The main cogs of that team have known to no show up in big travel games so will be worth watching as the season goes on 

Nolensville beats Houston...quality win for a team that is playing pretty hot right now. Playing with the big kids the rest of the weekend. Will be interesting to see how they do...

On 9/14/2019 at 1:44 AM, Rockstar89 said:

Nolensville beats Houston...quality win for a team that is playing pretty hot right now. Playing with the big kids the rest of the weekend. Will be interesting to see how they do...

The Brentwood game was not a pretty one for them.  The youth factor was there because half the girls looked beat before the first point.  

3 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

The Brentwood game was not a pretty one for them.  The youth factor was there because half the girls looked beat before the first point.  

While I am sure they wanted to look better, no one gave them a shot to win the game...or to beat Houston. So I would say it’s still a solid showing for a AA team that won’t play anywhere near the caliber of Houston, Brentwood etc in their District/Region/State. 

I was told the 3 teams pools were put together based on some rankings, and that you would basically get in gold if you were in one of them. Based on what I saw, I would agree that a healthy Nolensville team would be my favorites to win the whole thing. The second time they played Hazel Green they lost 25-27 and 24-26, and the coach said that was without one of their best OH who was out with a concussion. They looked pretty impressive. I still have not seen Portland though, but I would think as of now that Nolensville is definitely the team to beat in AA. 

23 hours ago, knightsfan said:

I was told the 3 teams pools were put together based on some rankings, and that you would basically get in gold if you were in one of them. Based on what I saw, I would agree that a healthy Nolensville team would be my favorites to win the whole thing. The second time they played Hazel Green they lost 25-27 and 24-26, and the coach said that was without one of their best OH who was out with a concussion. They looked pretty impressive. I still have not seen Portland though, but I would think as of now that Nolensville is definitely the team to beat in AA. 

Curious who the OH is thats out.

The team that has impressed me most is Anderson County.  They beat Nolansville at Seigal with two starters out.  They beat East Hamilton hard at the Choo Choo 25-11 25-14, but lost to Portland later in the tourney, neither time did they have their starting setter.  They are the best team in East TN, in any classification beating Heritage, Webb, Farragut, Sullivan South etc... on multiple occasions.  They have no seniors, but most of their team played K2 Elite, and they are well coached, big and athletic.  

People forget that for 16 years they dominated AA, winning state championships, multiple state finals and were in 10 straight final fours.  Then they got bumped up to AAA and stayed competitive but couldn’t beat the Brentwood’s.  Two years ago they moved back to AA and lost in the sectionals both years to Sullivan South in 5 game heartbreakers, playing all freshman and sophomores.  Now these athletes are Juniors, and I think they are the team to beat.

As a Farragut fan, we have lost to them three times, none close.  I would not want to play them.