2019 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were moved up to AAA for 8 years and we had some great teams at Farragut and Harden Valley and Heritage were also loaded and while they gave us all that we wanted they couldn’t get past the Region.  They would win there District most years but truthfully we were lucky two years when we made the finals losing to Brentwood to get past AC.  They have beaten us all 3 times we have played them this year and we get them again Thursday for senior night!

Anderson County is the best team in East TN in any classification with the possible exception of Catholic.  You don’t want to hit them early.  They are big and a great defensive team.  They are young, no seniors, but if I had to pick an early favorite to win, if they stay healthy, it would be them.

On 9/30/2019 at 11:23 AM, ADM4 said:

They were moved up to AAA for 8 years and we had some great teams at Farragut and Harden Valley and Heritage were also loaded and while they gave us all that we wanted they couldn’t get past the Region.  They would win there District most years but truthfully we were lucky two years when we made the finals losing to Brentwood to get past AC.  They have beaten us all 3 times we have played them this year and we get them again Thursday for senior night!

Anderson County is the best team in East TN in any classification with the possible exception of Catholic.  You don’t want to hit them early.  They are big and a great defensive team.  They are young, no seniors, but if I had to pick an early favorite to win, if they stay healthy, it would be them.

I disagree... they are a strong team but would definitely not say the best in East TN. I think the Heritage win was big for them, but I could see that going the other way on another day (went to 5 sets). Their schedule really hasn’t been too difficult. Farragut and Webb are not good this year. AC lost to Concord Christian, Maryville and King’s Academy as well. Catholic is without a doubt the strongest team in the East this year in my opinion (not a KCHS fan, but they are strong!!) would have liked to see AC play Hardin Valley this year. I am sure they will beat Farragut again tonight.

Edited by maiseyvol

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone keep this board, or me, updated with how the regions 5 and 6 AA go tonight. I believe it will be the same 4 last year and the same results too, but you never know, so if someone could keep updates in here that would be great!

My picks: Nolensville over Hume-Fogg, and Portland over Camden. Good luck to all of them!