2019 AA Discussion

Rockstar89

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Nolensville's draw. I still think it will come down to Portland vs Nolensville, possibly Anderson County. Also, I am going to change my champion pick, I think Portland wins over Nolensville in the final. I think the experience will be just enough of a factor. Either way it should be a lot of fun!

7 hours ago, knightsfan said:

I really like Nolensville's draw. I still think it will come down to Portland vs Nolensville, possibly Anderson County. Also, I am going to change my champion pick, I think Portland wins over Nolensville in the final. I think the experience will be just enough of a factor. Either way it should be a lot of fun!

Nolensville got a GREAT draw. That Anderson vs East matchup is a tough round 1. I agree Portland vs. Nolensville but will go with Nolensville! 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:22 PM, maiseyvol said:

I disagree... they are a strong team but would definitely not say the best in East TN. I think the Heritage win was big for them, but I could see that going the other way on another day (went to 5 sets). Their schedule really hasn’t been too difficult. Farragut and Webb are not good this year. AC lost to Concord Christian, Maryville and King’s Academy as well. Catholic is without a doubt the strongest team in the East this year in my opinion (not a KCHS fan, but they are strong!!) would have liked to see AC play Hardin Valley this year. I am sure they will beat Farragut again tonight.

I am with you.  I don't know who the most dominant team in AA is this year, Anderson County is not dominant neither is Sullivan South, but if  you want to see dominance in East Tennessee in the pastit is Sullivan South 31 out of 40 years they have been to the State .  Five time state champs three state runner ups .  Three AAA state titles two AA state titles.  Coach hooks had over 900 wins ,and coach Ratliff is close to 800.  Looks like two hall of fame coaches from one school!!!!  South had a rough year to start and has come on late.   I really don't remember Anderson County except when they came to South that one year for sub state, maybe they were dominant in the 90's not sure.   

Edited by kr1416
bad grammer

Congrats to Nolensville. They had a great game plan and neutralized Portland’s offense minus the big middle hitter Pippen. I was shocked that the libero, I think Starke, didn’t get the MVP award. Portland has hits that against any other girl would have been kills.  I’m not sure who chooses the MVP award but she was robbed. All of Nolensville’s hitters are similar and good but she is special. so whoever gives out the awards open your eyes. I honestly thought that she was the best player on the court that I saw. 

1 hour ago, Itsme12 said:

Congrats to Nolensville. They had a great game plan and neutralized Portland’s offense minus the big middle hitter Pippen. I was shocked that the libero, I think Starke, didn’t get the MVP award. Portland has hits that against any other girl would have been kills.  I’m not sure who chooses the MVP award but she was robbed. All of Nolensville’s hitters are similar and good but she is special. so whoever gives out the awards open your eyes. I honestly thought that she was the best player on the court that I saw. 

Agree!  MVP is the coach's daughter.  hmmm