Oak Ridge ( 0 - 1 ) at Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett ( 1 - 0 )

Ok after doing my research Oak Ridge shouldn't be considered a "weak" team. They have more kids back than left. Didn't lose a bunch of seniors from a team that IMO should have won the State Championship. I think they will get it right. CCHS game is huge. Farragut and West will be tough. But have to win 1 of those games. Both at home so should have aura of Blankenship Field. 

• Upvote 1

DB defense against the run was rock solid in game 1 allowing 2 yards to a rushing team but gave up big plays passing. In game 2 the Defense continued the rush defense (best in forever) and continued the blitz game. They had 4 or 5 sacks. What was great to see the improvement in the pass defense. It was outstanding. WR’s getting hit immediately when catching quick throws and passes being broke up.  Best defense in years. Continue to improve game to game D. Indians will not allow many points this season. 

13 hours ago, GIJoe said:

Ok after doing my research Oak Ridge shouldn't be considered a "weak" team. They have more kids back than left. Didn't lose a bunch of seniors from a team that IMO should have won the State Championship. I think they will get it right. CCHS game is huge. Farragut and West will be tough. But have to win 1 of those games. Both at home so should have aura of Blankenship Field. 

All of there star players or players that actually played and did something left.. bad angle weak team no athletes. Worst team in oak ridge history change my mind lol.. still cheering and giving them pointers ughhh

21 hours ago, SweetScience said:

What situation is worse? The situation at OR or what’s going on @ The Hill in Knoxville? Strangely both teams look eerily similar to me in their overall what seems to me to be completely disinterested attitudes.

Hands down The Hill in Knoxville. Lets face it, the Vols haven't been any good for years. It is now the norm in Knoxville. Oak Ridge usually has a pretty good team and they were really good just last year. It's just one down year. Tennessee losing to Georgia State would be equal to Oak Ridge losing to a middle school team. That's how bad it is in Knoxville. And just for a little icing on the cake, Tennessee actually paid Georgia State $950,000.00 for the game. That's 950 THOUSAND !  If I had the power I'd go down there and fire everybody. The university president all the way down to the guys that cut the grass. Then I'd send all the students home, pad lock every door, and let the place rot to the ground. That's how bad it is in Knoxville.

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Upvote 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:26 PM, SweetScience said:

What situation is worse? The situation at OR or what’s going on @ The Hill in Knoxville? Strangely both teams look eerily similar to me in their overall what seems to me to be completely disinterested attitudes.

That's really kind of funny, even though I'm both a Oak Ridge fan and a UT fan. This could be fastest exit of a UT coach in history if this continues another year, lol. But yes, the UT loss would be like Oak Ridge loosing to a 1A school. 

Edited by ORWildcats1