Week 2 Henry County @ Beech

OmahaPatriot

6 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Some good points here. We probably do match up better with Beech from a pure athleticism standpoint than we did with Haywood, but it’s not a given, and they will also very likely be much more disciplined along line of scrimmage than Haywood. I think Beech is a prohibitive favorite here, but a close, 1 score game would not surprise me.

Like I said, we usually play them tough, and I have always heard that a team sees its greatest leap in improvement between games 1 and 2, so we shall see. 

I agree with everything you said.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

Most call me the ultimate optimist, but I think we play Beech tough, and the young OL and QB have a much better showing in week 2.

You’ve always seemed pretty grounded in reality to me. There is nothing wrong with that prediction. Lord knows I’m not infallible. I was actually fairly confident we would beat Haywood. I call it like I see it, but I’m no more of a fortune teller than anyone else on here lol 

• Upvote 1

Yeah I definetly see us giving Beech a good game. As long as we see improvement that's all you can ask. Omaha is right we could quite possibly be the best 6-4 or 7-3 team in the state come playoff time. By the time playoffs start the freshman QB will be a lot more settled and who knows we may pull of a few wins in the playoffs. Either way its Henry County Football and it excites me regardless. These coaches will figure it out. Our coach always preaches that's why he schedules tough opponents in the non region so they can show you what you need to work on and get better at. It's absolutely true! So be it if we go 6-4 or 7-3. Haywood showed us we need pretty good work on the o-line. So let's work there and get that headed in a positive direction which I know the coaching staff will. With Counce, Jelks, and Muench I feel like by the last half of the season u wont recognize the o-line from week 1. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Beech too is a work in progress at this point. The defense has played pretty well so far in scrimmages and in Jax last week. They had a couple of dumb penalties that benefitted NS in the first half, but really shut them down in the second half. Several young d linemen have shown nice improvement over the last few weeks.  The offense is still finding its identity and developing a passing game to go with its normal run game. The new qb had a decent showing in week 1. You know you are always going to see two great programs with a lot of tradition when Beech and HC get together. Two programs where local kids grow up dreaming of playing for them. I’m looking forward to another great crowd and great game Friday night in Shackle Island.