Wk 2 Memphis Area Football: Cordova at Germantown

kwc

17 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

TJ Dorsey, the G-Town RB, may be the key to a close victory along with that good ole G-Town Homecooking!

What kinda cookin'? You mean pork chops with gravy. Mashed potatoes, collard greens, black eyed peas and hot water corn bread kind of cookin'?

54 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

No sir, I'm talking funny scoreboard operations, favorable spots, missed and Phantom calls

It is what it is when you play certain teams. You have to play through it and overcome it. Unfortunately, part of the game. You know it going in, so don't use it as an excuse. This is a big early season game and will give the winner momentum. We have big games throughout the schedule, so we literally must take it one game at a time.

4 hours ago, PackOfWolves said:

It is what it is when you play certain teams. You have to play through it and overcome it. Unfortunately, part of the game. You know it going in, so don't use it as an excuse. This is a big early season game and will give the winner momentum. We have big games throughout the schedule, so we literally must take it one game at a time.

What's up @PackOfWolves. It's good to finally get some Cordova flavor in this joint. 

True, you guys have a lot of big games on the schedule. None bigger then this one.

We're you at last week's game at Crump? If so, give us your assessment of that game and your team. I think a lot of folk don't know exactly what to think. What's going on? Enlighten us.

23 hours ago, kwc said:

What's up @PackOfWolves. It's good to finally get some Cordova flavor in this joint. 

True, you guys have a lot of big games on the schedule. None bigger then this one.

We're you at last week's game at Crump? If so, give us your assessment of that game and your team. I think a lot of folk don't know exactly what to think. What's going on? Enlighten us.

Well, we feel since we don’t have any BIG names, that people are just writing us off. We didn’t play well vs Central. We had 4 turnovers and 15 penalties. Not typical for a Wimberly coached team, but we pulled out the win. Coach feels like in we eliminate the mistakes, along with some other small but crucial things, that game is not close. Germantown, a lot of unknowns, so it is hard to say. We just want to get better each and every week, so when the playoffs hit, we will be ready for anybody. We just have to earn our respect, which is fine with us.

1 hour ago, PackOfWolves said:

Well, we feel since we don’t have any BIG names, that people are just writing us off. We didn’t play well vs Central. We had 4 turnovers and 15 penalties. Not typical for a Wimberly coached team, but we pulled out the win. Coach feels like in we eliminate the mistakes, along with some other small but crucial things, that game is not close. Germantown, a lot of unknowns, so it is hard to say. We just want to get better each and every week, so when the playoffs hit, we will be ready for anybody. We just have to earn our respect, which is fine with us.

Thanks for the summary. Big names don't win games. Teams do. However, it doesn't hurt to have them on your team.

4 turns, and you still won the game? That's impressive. That gives me all the impression that I need on Central. 

The season is long. They will get better. 

So, what's your confidence level going into this game?

I think Cordova wins as long as they stay out of their own way with turnovers. Last years Germantown was exactly that, last year. New starters, new coaches. Im not doubting they have a talented team but you cant use how good they were last year and one game vs KIPP as a measuring stick. Cordova has plenty of talent across the board and should they get over the turnover bug should be pretty tough out for most teams.