Wk 2 Memphis Area Football: Cordova at Germantown

kwc

10 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Being that it means only 1 trip to West TN instead of two, I'll take it. Hard enough for Oakland to find willing teams to play so getting it down to just 3 non- region teams every year prolly makes Creasy's  job a little easier

Cordova was coming to Murfreesboro this year and Oakland was going to to Cordova in 2020. It was opposite of Germantown. So only 1 West TN trip per season. 

Edited by GoPats2019

27 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Being that it means only 1 trip to West TN instead of two, I'll take it. Hard enough for Oakland to find willing teams to play so getting it down to just 3 non- region teams every year prolly makes Creasy's  job a little easier

Scheduling is a chore. I'm sure Cordova hate that they missed the opportunity to to play last year's 6A champ.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:48 AM, TrenchDawg said:

I think Cordova wins as long as they stay out of their own way with turnovers. Last years Germantown was exactly that, last year. New starters, new coaches. Im not doubting they have a talented team but you cant use how good they were last year and one game vs KIPP as a measuring stick. Cordova has plenty of talent across the board and should they get over the turnover bug should be pretty tough out for most teams.

I forgot that you posted this. Interesting to say the least. I guess we will see how valid momentarily. Good stuff @TrenchDawg.

2 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

Just got old deep rooted dislike for Germantown from back in my playing days, lol. But I think both programs have good teams. 6A in Memphis seems to be pretty strong overall this year. 

That's what I thought. No judgement from me dawg.

I agree, 6A in the Memphis area does appear to be stronger. Although, Arlington is being shredded by White Station, and Bartlett is struggling with MAHS as I type this response.

Edited by kwc