Wk 2 Memphis Area Football: Houston @ Central

kwc

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Houston runs away with this one. If you cant win a game that you had 4 takeaways in, then its gonna be really tough against a team that likely wont have that many turnovers if any. Houston has managed to put together another really good offensive line that is going to make that run game tough for anyone to stop. 

I think the Houston run game has Central's attention. Pare is pretty darn good. This may open up the passing game and put Central in a bind. Can they stop both? I don't think they will get 4 turnovers this week. If Houston can shut down the Central run game, I don't think they pass well enough to stay in the game. I think Houston wins. We shall see.

11 minutes ago, pigskinred said:

I think the Houston run game has Central's attention. Pare is pretty darn good. This may open up the passing game and put Central in a bind. Can they stop both? I don't think they will get 4 turnovers this week. If Houston can shut down the Central run game, I don't think they pass well enough to stay in the game. I think Houston wins. We shall see.

1. If Houston's run game doesn't have Central's attention, then something is wrong at Central.

2. Pare is freaking awesome.

3. Central probably won't get 4 turns.

4.  Central hasn't shown that they can pass the ball effectively.

All around a good analysis in my opinion. I concur.

What is your over/under for this game?

Edited by kwc

On 8/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, TrenchDawg said:

I think Houston runs away with this one. If you cant win a game that you had 4 takeaways in, then its gonna be really tough against a team that likely wont have that many turnovers if any. Houston has managed to put together another really good offensive line that is going to make that run game tough for anyone to stop. 

@TrenchDawg, I'm just curious. Have you seen Houston up close and personal?

On 8/26/2019 at 8:42 AM, BlackHavenSenator said:

I like Houston's RB Pare, and because of that I'm thinking Houston in a close one.

I've been hearing about Pare but haven't seen him in action yet but saw he had 43 carries last week, so basically they got another Abe Felix back there carrying the load

Edited by Havengrad04