West at Farragut

FHS_Admiral

49 minutes ago, Victorioussecrets said:

I remember the days when Alcoa fielded teams made up mostly of kids that lived In Alcoa. Now they have kids from As far as strawberry plains and everywhere in between. Farragut has has one of if not the toughest regular season schedule and scrimmaged Central in the spring and Greeneville this summer so I don’t really know what you’re getting at. 

That's called success. Built it and they will come from eveywhere. Players put in a lot of work. Some want to have every advantage to play at the next level. It is no different in kids picking the best college to attend in hopes for sucess in live.

Regardless where they are from, TSSAA regulates that they move to the City or sit out one year.  Inside the County, they can pay tuition and play starting there 9th grade year.

If the ultimate goal is to be victorious,  Playing for Alcoa is no Secret!!!:thumb:

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2019 at 3:05 PM, BCsportsfan said:

That's called success. Built it and they will come from eveywhere. Players put in a lot of work. Some want to have every advantage to play at the next level. It is no different in kids picking the best college to attend in hopes for sucess in live.

Regardless where they are from, TSSAA regulates that they move to the City or sit out one year.  Inside the County, they can pay tuition and play starting there 9th grade year.

If the ultimate goal is to be victorious,  Playing for Alcoa is no Secret!!!:thumb:

Spot on! The WB mindset is very strong in that one BC!  Just another one of those who get pumped to play Alcoa for a quarter in a jamboree, but run and hide when it comes to scheduling a regular season 4 qtr game.  :lol:

• Thanks 1

I have had to travel a lot lately during the week and weekends. I am so thankful for Farragut's video streaming. I watched this morning on my laptop. It's easy to jump on the O line but #4 for West was a 1 man show on defense. Not sure why Farragut didn't go with 2 backs just to help pick him up. I agree that the muffed punt changed momentum but I don't recall seeing a Farragut team that drops so many passes. I also don't understand punting the ball when you are down with under 3 minutes to play. The Knoxville area 5A schools are going to be interesting to watch this season. West being 2-0 is going to make some noise.