Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

3 minutes ago, gogold said:

First of all Karly's mom is one of the assistant coaches.  The head coach is Ashley Rutledge and she understands that the ball needs to go through Karly.  It does not take a guru to figure that one out, but to discount the other kids on this team is just plain dumb.  There are kids playing for Loretto that will be playing college ball other than Karly.  You point to the championship game as your example,  what about the first 2 games of the tournament.  Without the other starters, Loretto does not beat Greenfield.   Loretto shot the ball poorly against Gibson County, but they were good shots that fell the 2 games before.  Chloe is a great player and the Darby's are too.   These 2 teams will have something to say on who wins the state, but it will take all of the players on each team to get the big win.  The thing is Chloe and Karly are both great kids off the court.  Why can't we agree these are 2 of the best in the state and leave it at that ?

Get your panties out of a wad! I know her momma isnt the head coach but her momma sits on the bench. You dont think she carries any influence on that team? I by no means degraded any of the kids but anybody can read stats and they dont lie. No other player on that team has carried the scoring load of Karly. I agree they are both tremendous athletes but it is one of your fans calling Karly the best there is. You dont like the thread scroll along.....

Hey now, who has their panties in a wad now ?  The stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals and defensive stops are all parts of the game.  Did you look at the team based on these stats ?  I know we seem to look at points as the biggest stat, but one kid can not win it all for a team.  Loretto has players averaging 8+ a game that pulls down 7+ boards as post players.  Our other guards are 7+ to 6+ ppg that will have 3+ steals and 3+ assists a game.  They are very defensive minded and there are no stats for this quality.  Karly is the straw that stirs the drink, but without the teammates she has Loretto might not get to state.  I think she would tell you that.  I'm sure Chloe may do the same.  Both players fit their coaches systems and are very good in them.  Hey,  I know the Vols are struggling, but I feel it too !   No hard feelings on this end.  GBO !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gogold said:

Hey now, who has their panties in a wad now ?  The stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals and defensive stops are all parts of the game.  Did you look at the team based on these stats ?  I know we seem to look at points as the biggest stat, but one kid can not win it all for a team.  Loretto has players averaging 8+ a game that pulls down 7+ boards as post players.  Our other guards are 7+ to 6+ ppg that will have 3+ steals and 3+ assists a game.  They are very defensive minded and there are no stats for this quality.  Karly is the straw that stirs the drink, but without the teammates she has Loretto might not get to state.  I think she would tell you that.  I'm sure Chloe may do the same.  Both players fit their coaches systems and are very good in them.  Hey,  I know the Vols are struggling, but I feel it too !   No hard feelings on this end.  GBO !

The Vols have been a dumpster fire for a while. Outside of Rick Barnes every sport there is in shambles. It used to mean something to be offered by Tennessee. Now it is a joke and no better then a low to mid D1 offer. Its going to be that way a while till Fulmer bites the bullet and hires big time coaches across the board that have Power 5 kids waiting in line to play for them. Sad day when Memphis is the sport dominant school in TN!

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Greenfield is the #1 team in Class A in 2019 and the reigning champions until someone beats them when it counts. Regular season doesn’t count as far as wins/losses are concerned and neither do the polls when they come out.  Now as far as who’s 2-10?  Does it really matter?

They are not the reigning champs and yeah they most definitely got beat by Loretto in the semis of the state tournament when it counted. Yeah a great team and may be the champion in the poll of public opinion but they have work to do to win it this year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

The Vols have been a dumpster fire for a while. Outside of Rick Barnes every sport there is in shambles. It used to mean something to be offered by Tennessee. Now it is a joke and no better then a low to mid D1 offer. Its going to be that way a while till Fulmer bites the bullet and hires big time coaches across the board that have Power 5 kids waiting in line to play for them. Sad day when Memphis is the sport dominant school in TN!

I remember when Johnny Majors came back to Tennessee, and we had been bad for several years.  He had losing records his first 2 years before we started to see a turn around.  The next few years were 7 or 8 wins.   We have to build a good recruiting base.  We do not have the players to compete in SEC, but if this coaching staff can recruit at a high level, we can at least go hat on hat.  We are 2 to 4 years out, but if this recruiting class can finish strong, we may have a top 10 class coming in.  Need to do that for 2 more years and now we can compete.  We are playing a ton of young pups and we have a below average QB.  This is going to be a tough year, but don't give up yet.   It's a process and coaching turnovers keep killing our program.  I want to give this group a couple of recruiting cycles to see where we can go.  Phil picked this coach for a reason and they have a good staff.  Hang in there !  GBO!

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Greenfield is the #1 team in Class A in 2019 and the reigning champions until someone beats them when it counts. Regular season doesn’t count as far as wins/losses are concerned and neither do the polls when they come out.  Now as far as who’s 2-10?  Does it really matter?

How soon we forget !  Gibson County was the champs last year.    Greenfield would be my pick to probably win it this year, but Loretto, Clarkrange, Summertown, Gibson County and others may have something to say about that.

Gibson County was definitely the champs last year.  Greenfield in 2018.   As far as Loretto and Weathers, if you doubt she is one of the top players in A (or AA for that matter) then all you need to do is take a look at her offer list.  That says it all.  Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Missouri, Florida State, Indiana, Iowa State, Belmont, MTSU.....

I know that Darby and Moore both have significant offer lists and are both amazing players. But in the games that I watched in the state tournament last year she was the best player on the floor of all the class A teams.  

• Like 1

I havent seen anywhere on this thread saying Karly was no good. I think she is a very good ball player but to claim she is the best in A does a whole lot of inservice to others. Lots of talent in Memphis or for that matter state wide that average more than 20 points a game but they dont make it out of districts. Those same kids also aren't afforded the same opportunities of having a momma that was a star at Belmont or dad and brother playing pro baseball. I am sure she gets opportunities of attending high dollar camps and exposure events whenever she wants as I have seen her at them. Politics and money go along way in offers. College Coaches arent going to high school basketball games and discovering kids they are seeing them at AAU tournaments and exposure events. If those kids cant afford them or their parents arent taking them they never get seen. State tournament don’t mean crap unless you win it. All these girls have off days now and then. Greenfield beat GC with ease in regionals. Loretto beat Greenfield. GC beat Loretto. If Loretto was in AA like they should be I don’t think they make a run as deep towards state but being misclassified in A they are in one of the easiest districts and regions in the state. Summertown is the only competition they have. That is a big advantage for them.

18 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

They are not the reigning champs and yeah they most definitely got beat by Loretto in the semis of the state tournament when it counted. Yeah a great team and may be the champion in the poll of public opinion but they have work to do to win it this year.

Yeah he lost me on that one too lol. GC was one of the best teams I have ever seen to not have a “superstar” on it. All these girls knew their role on that team! A great coach in Wilkins helps too! Love his passion for the game and those girls.

4 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

I havent seen anywhere on this thread saying Karly was no good. I think she is a very good ball player but to claim she is the best in A does a whole lot of inservice to others. Lots of talent in Memphis or for that matter state wide that average more than 20 points a game but they dont make it out of districts. Those same kids also aren't afforded the same opportunities of having a momma that was a star at Belmont or dad and brother playing pro baseball. I am sure she gets opportunities of attending high dollar camps and exposure events whenever she wants as I have seen her at them. Politics and money go along way in offers. College Coaches arent going to high school basketball games and discovering kids they are seeing them at AAU tournaments and exposure events. If those kids cant afford them or their parents arent taking them they never get seen. State tournament don’t mean crap unless you win it. All these girls have off days now and then. Greenfield beat GC with ease in regionals. Loretto beat Greenfield. GC beat Loretto. If Loretto was in AA like they should be I don’t think they make a run as deep towards state but being misclassified in A they are in one of the easiest districts and regions in the state. Summertown is the only competition they have. That is a big advantage for them.

Huntingdon and McKenzie will both be better this year especially Huntingdon. Region semis will be a young war I promise you especially which ever team plays Huntingdon Loretto or Summertown. Our Coach Wilkins' son is coaching at Huntingdon now and they are going through boot camp I promise you. They are not my pick to win it all but it wouldn't suprise me if they did. He blew us out a couple of years ago in the finals of the Christmas Tournament and we were clearly the better team on paper.

Edited by pioneer42