Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, lionsupport said:

They rented a house in Dresden and now renting a house in Greenfield. The comment about playing at next level not being possible at Dresden is crazy.  Yes they are ring chasing.

I usually don't jump in these type of discussions, but this is a prime example of one reason of probably 2 or 3 reasons why they chose to transfer. Dresden is not a powerhouse program, the Coach can't keep the kids for four years that have lived there their entire life, and a large portion of their fanbase is attrocious. I have several friends who are officials (basketball & football) and several friends who are current coaches (girls & boys) and the sentiment for the last 7-10 years is that Dresden is a "clique" community and when the outcomes don't occur like they'd like, they are #1 at blaming others. Now you're calling out a high school kid for something that her and her family discussed and decided to do. I hope that we give Greenfield good games this season, but I hope she lights Dresden up for fans like you. Go Lady Pioneers!!

29 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I usually don't jump in these type of discussions, but this is a prime example of one reason of probably 2 or 3 reasons why they chose to transfer. Dresden is not a powerhouse program, the Coach can't keep the kids for four years that have lived there their entire life, and a large portion of their fanbase is attrocious. I have several friends who are officials (basketball & football) and several friends who are current coaches (girls & boys) and the sentiment for the last 7-10 years is that Dresden is a "clique" community and when the outcomes don't occur like they'd like, they are #1 at blaming others. Now you're calling out a high school kid for something that her and her family discussed and decided to do. I hope that we give Greenfield good games this season, but I hope she lights Dresden up for fans like you. Go Lady Pioneers!!

I wasn’t the first to mention they were chasing a ring. The fact is she committed to Union before she had played one minute for Greenfield so to say that she wouldn’t have the opportunity to play at the next level by playing for Dresden is crazy. She is going to play for Union because of her performance at Dresden. Now, if they didn’t like the coach, the people, etc just say it. You getting on here saying Dresden is a clique town I say show me a town that doesn’t have cliques.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

Up till that last comment I did not even realize there was even a issue with us leaving Dresden. The two years that we were there was a great experience. We have made some of the best friends and neighbors there that we love dearly. It really is a great town. They are very passionate about sports and especially their children just like any town would be. Mr. Chuck West is a awesome individual that I have nothing but the upmost respect for. The school system is top notch and all the teachers and faculty that I had experience with there were outstanding. The girls on the ball team were awesome. They took MK in just like she had been there all her life. I wish nothing but the very best for those girls and hope everyone of them succeed in life.  We made a ton of memories over two years that we will cherish always. I am not gonna let some comments on here by someone disgruntled change my opinion of that experience ever.

57 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

I wasn’t the first to mention they were chasing a ring. The fact is she committed to Union before she had played one minute for Greenfield so to say that she wouldn’t have the opportunity to play at the next level by playing for Dresden is crazy. She is going to play for Union because of her performance at Dresden. Now, if they didn’t like the coach, the people, etc just say it. You getting on here saying Dresden is a clique town I say show me a town that doesn’t have cliques.

Just to clarify visiting and committing are two different things. MK didn't start getting any offers or interest from schools until after AAU this summer. If we stayed at Dresden there wouldn't have been any AAU. Period. 

1 hour ago, MPeterson1974 said:

Just to clarify visiting and committing are two different things. MK didn't start getting any offers or interest from schools until after AAU this summer. If we stayed at Dresden there wouldn't have been any AAU. Period. 

Are you trying to say that if you live in Dresden you can't get on or play with an AAU team? Just shaking the bush.

3 hours ago, MPeterson1974 said:

Ask Lionsupport - he seems to know everything!

I really don’t know that answer but it really doesn’t matter.  They didn’t need a reason for the young lady to transfer nor do they have to justify it to anybody. If I had a daughter playing basketball I would want her to play for Greenfield or Gibson County also. I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone. 

20 minutes ago, MPeterson1974 said:

Lionsupport answered it for you. You literally had a Dresden supporter tell you that if they had a daughter play basketball it would be somewhere else. 

I know why he isn't answering the question directly and respect him for that. He is being the bigger person here because he doesn't want to criticize anybody at Dresden.  My comment about playing somewhere else would simply be to have a chance to win a championship though.  Right now Greenfield is that place.  I have not been trying to bash a family for that because I would do the same thing.  But I would have said that in the beginning. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, MPeterson1974 said:

Exactly Pioneer42 but if we were ring chasing I would have sent her to TCA or USJ. I mean the odds of getting to the championship game is a lot greater for them with the limited amount of teams in the DII division. She wants to play at the next level and it wasnt going to happen where she was at. Instead we transfer but stayed in this region as it is the highest level of talent and competition in TN IMO. If you got the means and abilities would you not try to set your child up for success in meeting her goals??? Our family has invested a lot into this and luckily making the move paid off.

Shes not going to play against much competition .Gibson Co looked ok in Dyersburg.Other than Greenfield,Union City looked to be the best Single A team in the area in our region.Going to be blowouts.LC girls and Humboldt will struggle to win 5 games.So if its for better competition,unless its maybe a Christmas tournament,nobody in the region will challenge them