Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

On 11/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, RealisticFan45 said:

Why doesnt Westview ever schedule to play Greenfield? Regular season or Hall of Fame or Classics. I am sure they'll destroy South Fulton. Maybe GC gives them a run for their money!?

It would be a great game. Greenfield would love to play Westview. Great gate. It would fill the house up. Coach Haskins is my friend and he and Coach Trevathan are good friends. Westview doesn’t want Greenfield this year because we might win. They will call and try to schedule us next year. Just  watch. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

It would be a great game. Greenfield would love to play Westview. Great gate. It would fill the house up. Coach Haskins is my friend and he and Coach Trevathan are good friends. Westview doesn’t want Greenfield this year because we might win. They will call and try to schedule us next year. Just  watch. 

I wonder why Westview doesnt really like the challenge during the regular season? I heard the tried to schedule Sacred Heart and they usually schedule themselves against the somewhat weaker teams when they have their classic. I would schedule all the  tough teams to get them ready for the tournament run. This could be their year. If not this year, I dont know when the next time will be for them. They will lose alot this year

10 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I wonder why Westview doesnt really like the challenge during the regular season? I heard the tried to schedule Sacred Heart and they usually schedule themselves against the somewhat weaker teams when they have their classic. I would schedule all the  tough teams to get them ready for the tournament run. This could be their year. If not this year, I dont know when the next time will be for them. They will lose alot this year

I've seen them schedule that way for years. I agree would be good to harden the team for the tourney run they always are expected to make. Sometimes during the regular season its hard to get the boys and girls coach on the same page as to teams to schedule but if you doing it for your own holiday tournament, why not go for it when you are a strong program, which they are year end and year out.

13 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

They should schedule that a PinkOut game and play at UTM. Or donate whole gate to St Jude. Would be a great testament to both programs!

14 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I'd be surprised if Greenfield & Westview play each other anytime while the current coaches are in their current positions. If that were the case and with Westview going to State for either the last 7 or 8 years in a row (??), then Westview would've been scheduling Greenfield all along. And with us playing each team for the last decade multiple times a year, and in my humble opinion, Westview would win 90% of those contests. Looking over CoachT, the last 6-7 years, it looks like Westview is traveling to play in the Nike Tournament and Big Tournaments all across the US. Being kin to a couple of current coaches, I've heard "secondhand" that Westview has problems scheduling teams that used to play them because of their recent success. I wished we could play them 4 times a year personally and I dont think Coach W will try to avoid them because he knows they make us better. It would be a great gate and especially this year would probably be pretty close. In a home and home, I'd give the advantage to the home team in each one. In the North-West up here, we get spoiled because of girl's basketball...but in the end, I pull for whoever represents us. 

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I'd be surprised if Greenfield & Westview play each other anytime while the current coaches are in their current positions. If that were the case and with Westview going to State for either the last 7 or 8 years in a row (??), then Westview would've been scheduling Greenfield all along. And with us playing each team for the last decade multiple times a year, and in my humble opinion, Westview would win 90% of those contests. Looking over CoachT, the last 6-7 years, it looks like Westview is traveling to play in the Nike Tournament and Big Tournaments all across the US. Being kin to a couple of current coaches, I've heard "secondhand" that Westview has problems scheduling teams that used to play them because of their recent success. I wished we could play them 4 times a year personally and I dont think Coach W will try to avoid them because he knows they make us better. It would be a great gate and especially this year would probably be pretty close. In a home and home, I'd give the advantage to the home team in each one. In the North-West up here, we get spoiled because of girl's basketball...but in the end, I pull for whoever represents us. 

I guess nobody knows the answer to why they aren't playing or haven't played. They could've played in the Thanksgiving tournament last year in Martin and South Side I think beat Greenfield. I would have given Greenfield the edge the last three years or so just because they have been more consistent, IMO. And this is not a knock on Westview this is a very strong compliment to Greenfield. If they hadn't played the last three or four years, I don't expect them to play any time soon.

23 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

They only lose two players. It seems like the past few years they have lost 1-2 solid players each year and then find players to fill those voids the next year to continue to still be successful.

6 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

They only lose two players. It seems like the past few years they have lost 1-2 solid players each year and then find players to fill those voids the next year to continue to still be successful.

Players  like Chloe Moore don't come around very often. One of the best PG's I have watched since the Heather Butler days. Darby girls are good and all too but PG's like her you don't see every day.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

Very solid performance by Greenfield. They take care of the ball, have a ton of experience, and appear deeper in personnel playability than anytime that I've ever seen them. This game went about like I thought it would, but it'll be fun to watch Greenfield this year and I see hope for GC to improve as well. Good luck Jackets...we'll see you again in the near future. 

7 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

True. It seems they always find a way to score and they seem to do very well in controlling tempo. I wanna see the Freshman. Someone said that she is not your typical freshman. 

11 minutes ago, sls said:

What city is this St. Agnes team from? I know there is one in New York, Houston and St Paul. 

Memphis (private). I don't know how good they are?? 

• Like 1