Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

22 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my! The referees give Greenfield all the breaks. Really! 

You must have changed your mind because I thought you told me at the game when we played Huntingdon that we were the best team you had ever seen. 

I’ll have to agree with Croppygenius on that statement Greenfieldfan. I’ve seen several games this year. They get by with a whole bunch of reaching and smacking, but because they’ve earned being such a good team and having “STAR” players like Darby and Chloe it won’t be called. That’s just the breaks. Make no mistake about it they are the best A team and will win the gold ball. 

29 minutes ago, SnoopDogg said:

I’ll have to agree with Croppygenius on that statement Greenfieldfan. I’ve seen several games this year. They get by with a whole bunch of reaching and smacking, but because they’ve earned being such a good team and having “STAR” players like Darby and Chloe it won’t be called. That’s just the breaks. Make no mistake about it they are the best A team and will win the gold ball. 

I said it early in the year that they get away with a lot of hands and play physical. But the refs let them get by with it. Seen a lot of physical ball this year where refs just let it go. Usually as a rule in Murfreesboro a foul is a foul and is called. The PG from Dresden found out real quick several years ago against Loretto in the Boro that they call it different. Had four fouls in the first half real quick. Her name was Hatchell or something like that. Around here they have been beating people by 30 or 40 so it really don’t matter. Teams have to adjust with the way the refs are calling the game especially at state. Greenfield will I would bet.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Oh my! The referees give Greenfield all the breaks. Really! 

You must have changed your mind because I thought you told me at the game when we played Huntingdon that we were the best team you had ever seen. 

I love the Jackets. Best 1a team I've ever seen and it's not close. I saw you play double digit times last year and will this season also. I also saw Loretto and Summertown play Tuesday night. They are both solid teams and if you get in foul trouble against either you are in trouble. Truth is yall do a lot of reaching and it may bite you.

1 hour ago, SnoopDogg said:

Truth

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 12:05 PM, pioneer42 said:

I said it early in the year that they get away with a lot of hands and play physical. But the refs let them get by with it. Seen a lot of physical ball this year where refs just let it go. Usually as a rule in Murfreesboro a foul is a foul and is called. The PG from Dresden found out real quick several years ago against Loretto in the Boro that they call it different. Had four fouls in the first half real quick. Her name was Hatchell or something like that. Around here they have been beating people by 30 or 40 so it really don’t matter. Teams have to adjust with the way the refs are calling the game especially at state. Greenfield will I would bet.

Yes you are right about  Carrie Hatchel. She was a tough as nails  but played too physical. She went on and started 2 years for Freed Hardeman. She was their leading scorer last year and could shoot the lights out. She had a big game in the NAIA national  championship and eventually led to them to their first title. I think she had the game winning shot if I am not mistaken. 

Edited by rebelman101
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes you are right about  Carrie Hatchel. She was a tough as nails  but played too physical. She went on and started 2 years for Freed Hardeman. She was their leading scorer last year and could shoot the lights out. She had a big game in the NAIA national  championship and eventually led to them to their first title. I think she had the game winning shot if I am not mistaken. 

Yeah Dresden shot lights out that night in South Fulton in the region and knocked us out in 2014, the year UC won the state. They had a really good team that year. Dresden played Loretto that year and let refs get in their heads with all the fouls.

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Carrie is one of my alltime favorites

On 2/7/2020 at 12:05 PM, pioneer42 said:

Ref only let it go for certain girls and certain teams. They dont expect girls to play physical or block shots or do moves that guys do. Officials are awful IMO 

Seems older refs call a foul if you just get your hands up, whether you touch someone or not and whether they are in position or not. Younger officials seem to have adjusted to the improved athletic ability of the girls and seem to let them play. I have a few of the older guys in mind that I just hate to see show up at the game I choose to attend that night. They should watch film. I did it for a while and it is tough, but it makes it easier and the coaches respect you a lot more, if you hustle to get in position.