Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

3 hours ago, BullShark said:

I tell you what, if Greenfield's bus driver keeps getting these girls to their games on time, they are going to win their second Gold Ball in 3 years!

You guys think it’s going to be a cakewalk got a rude awakening. Seen it happen to many times.

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

You guys think it’s going to be a cakewalk got a rude awakening. Seen it happen to many times.

Great post and so have I!  One bad game and it’s lights out.  Chances are Greenfield is going to have to beat 2 good teams to make it to the finals. Loretto and Summertown are both in the same district as is Clarkrange and Pickett County and I don’t see a scenario where those 4 are not there and they will be in opposite brackets. So there’s a good chance they play two of those teams. 

19 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Great post and so have I!  One bad game and it’s lights out.  Chances are Greenfield is going to have to beat 2 good teams to make it to the finals. Loretto and Summertown are both in the same district as is Clarkrange and Pickett County and I don’t see a scenario where those 4 are not there and they will be in opposite brackets. So there’s a good chance they play two of those teams. 

Greenfield will have It’s hands full I will assure you. Loretto matches up with them extremely well. They are long and play that match up zone. They rebound well, shoot well and has a PG that can handle the ball and knows she can beat them because she already has. Summertown, Pickett County and Clarkrange are not going to roll over either and neither is the rest of the field. North Green and Cloudland may not be pushovers either. 

Edited by pioneer42

Greenfield plays 6 girls. They get away with grabbing, holding, pushing and elbowing like no other team I have seen. If they run into a crew that doesn't give them this ability to foul it will get interesting really quick.  They are a great offensive team with a lot of weapons and they play extremely hard but they also get to foul more than other teams.  You can call it great defense if you want but when it happens to Greenfield their fans stand up and go crazy. They never foul and always get fouled. Still my favorite to win it all but nobody will just roll over and give them gold ball.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Greenfield plays 6 girls. They get away with grabbing, holding, pushing and elbowing like no other team I have seen. If they run into a crew that doesn't give them this ability to foul it will get interesting really quick.  They are a great offensive team with a lot of weapons and they play extremely hard but they also get to foul more than other teams.  You can call it great defense if you want but when it happens to Greenfield their fans stand up and go crazy. They never foul and always get fouled. Still my favorite to win it all but nobody will just roll over and give them gold ball.

No comment. You just don’t understand what this team means to our little town.  We have less than 40 kids in our senior class and this don’t happen often. We play the Union City’s, Dyersburg’s, Jonesboro’s 6A, Loretto’s 540 kids and never complain. Line em up and let’s go these girls are focused and are great kids. Don’t be one of those negative Nancy’s that say the refs give Greenfield all the breaks. Appreciate this group of girls that have put so much into what they are doing, teams like this don’t come around often. 

19 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

No comment. You just don’t understand what this team means to our little town.  We have less than 40 kids in our senior class and this don’t happen often. We play the Union City’s, Dyersburg’s, Jonesboro’s 6A, Loretto’s 540 kids and never complain. Line em up and let’s go these girls are focused and are great kids. Don’t be one of those negative Nancy’s that say the refs give Greenfield all the breaks. Appreciate this group of girls that have put so much into what they are doing, teams like this don’t come around often. 

I am from Dresden and I do understand what a great team means to a small town. 2016 was a wonderful year for Dresden. I am only speaking my opinion as to what I see when they play. When they played Dresden, Moore threw an elbow and the official told our coach that it wasn't a foul because she didn't hit anybody.  He acknowledged she threw the elbow. That is like throwing a punch but because you don't hit anybody you shouldn't get ejected. I have seen Greenfield play 7 times this year and they are fun to watch but they still get away with mugging the other team.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

We are all small towns and every one’s team means the world to them. I know you are very humble about Greenfield and my comment above is you better hope the players don’t have the mentality the poster above has. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We are all small towns and every one’s team means the world to them. I know you are very humble about Greenfield and my comment above is you better hope the players don’t have the mentality the poster above has. 

Our girls are focused and taking one game at a time. Everybody knows one bad night and the dream is over. Last year we had our bad night against Loretto and got sent home or we might be playing for 3 Gold Balls in a row this year. This is a team on a mission. I was really pulling for Gibson County once we lost, it shows that our region is loaded with talent. There are 5 other teams in our region this year, Gibson County, Gleason, Dresden, Union City and Bradford that could win any district in the state other than 6A or 12A. Good luck to all teams, hope there are no injuries. 

19 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Our girls are focused and taking one game at a time. Everybody knows one bad night and the dream is over. Last year we had our bad night against Loretto and got sent home or we might be playing for 3 Gold Balls in a row this year. This is a team on a mission. I was really pulling for Gibson County once we lost, it shows that our region is loaded with talent. There are 5 other teams in our region this year, Gibson County, Gleason, Dresden, Union City and Bradford that could win any district in the state other than 6A or 12A. Good luck to all teams, hope there are no injuries. 

I will always pull for our region as well and pray all teams stay healthy. Good luck to you guys tonight!!

Greenfield 69

Union City  53  -   Final 

29-0 District Champs - Great job girls

Tough game!  But we needed that. Listened on radio and they thought the game got really physical.  Sounded like the UC fans got crazy again. Union City needs to get their students under control but that’s hard when your boys coach acts like he does. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 69

Union City  53  -   Final 

29-0 District Champs - Great job girls

Tough game!  But we needed that. Listened on radio and they thought the game got really physical.  Sounded like the UC fans got crazy again. Union City needs to get their students under control but that’s hard when your boys coach acts like he does. 

Was it too close for you to give play by play tonight?   And you sure seem to like to call out other schools but don’t want to hear anything negative about yours lolol.   

• Upvote 2