Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

19 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

The first game was an embarrassment, I watched Dresden and Gleason play a few weeks ago and it was a great ballgame. But I see people just blaming Gleason’s coach, from where I was sitting neither coach wanted to win. Dresden best player had 3 fouls in the first quarter, second best player had 3 fouls early in the second qtr (coincidence) ........ and Dresden /Gleason fans weren’t even yelling at the ref ! When’s the last time ANYBODY has seen that. Both teams turning it over like it was their day job, and Gleason best 2 players barely played the 4th qtr. Every time either team would score, their fans BOTH SIDES hardly clapped. Dresden won the game and both sides looked like a funeral. It was AWFUL! But don’t blame the girls, they are just kids, I blame both coaches. Gleason’s catching the brunt of this because they lost but anybody who knows anything about basketball knows neither coach was trying to win. I’d fire both of them. 

Every time I have seen Dresden, Childress and Washburn have been in foul trouble and usually a few more. That’s nothing new. They try and play physical.  I was behind Dresden Bench and their coach was coaching to win. One girl came out of a time out almost in tears. West was up and energetic almost the whole game on the sideline. Stevenson day the whole game, with a T early, hmmmmm. It wasn’t pretty but I don’t believe for a second Dresden wanted to lose. I can also assure you that you never heard any of their fans talk about losing this game but I did hear it from Gleasons side. That’s a FACT!! Those girls were told not to play to their potential and lose. FACT

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I actually had to see it to believe it but I was told it was going to happen. GC don’t care who we play but there is no need for that in sports period. I thought TSSAA put a stop to that a few years ago, but obviously Gleason didn’t get the memo. Dresden is a good team and could very easily have beaten Union City Thursday. Think they will play in the semis against Greenfield.

Did you hear from Gleason parents as well? I had 2 parents of girls on the team tell me. They are not big on their coach and thought it was a disgrace to throw a game, especially to Dresden.

2 minutes ago, SnoopDogg said:

Did you hear from Gleason parents as well? I had 2 parents of girls on the team tell me. They are not big on their coach and thought it was a disgrace to throw a game, especially to Dresden.

I was told in the middle of the week, but they didn’t think it was a disgrace. They didn’t want to play Greenfield and didn’t mind telling it.

41 minutes ago, SnoopDogg said:

Every time I have seen Dresden, Childress and Washburn have been in foul trouble and usually a few more. That’s nothing new. They try and play physical.  I was behind Dresden Bench and their coach was coaching to win. One girl came out of a time out almost in tears. West was up and energetic almost the whole game on the sideline. Stevenson day the whole game, with a T early, hmmmmm. It wasn’t pretty but I don’t believe for a second Dresden wanted to lose. I can also assure you that you never heard any of their fans talk about losing this game but I did hear it from Gleasons side. That’s a FACT!! Those girls were told not to play to their potential and lose. FACT

I know the Dresden girls are foul prone, but West has been coaching a long time, his best player gets her second foul in the first qtr and he doesn’t pull her ?? Second best player gets her second foul right after and doesn’t pull her ?? Cmon !!! I’m not arguing the fact that Stephenson didn’t coach to win, but neither did West and you will never convince me otherwise. Play on both sides was horrendous, which leads me to believe neither coach was coaching to win. The yelling was just an act. I’m not picking sides, both should be embarrassed. And BOTH are to blame.

Edited by hoopfever

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 69

Union City  53  -   Final 

29-0 District Champs - Great job girls

Tough game!  But we needed that. Listened on radio and they thought the game got really physical.  Sounded like the UC fans got crazy again. Union City needs to get their students under control but that’s hard when your boys coach acts like he does. 

Good game but let’s get some things straight here. What have the students done that they need to be “under control” for? Saying things to get in opposing player’s heads? Boo-hoo. Cry me a river I might have to go get my kayak. Also, they’re just kids. If Greenfield had maybe a little bigger school they’d have a bigger pep club and it wouldn’t be any different than Union City. They would say and do the exact same stuff. There’s no denying, Chants and Cheers from a large group can change an outcome on a game. It can easily be intimidating to an opponent and energizing to a team. All fun and games so quit complaining. Second, what has Shane Sisco done that has your panties in a wad? Win? I can’t name you anything that he has done that has been a bad look for the team/school ever. All I know is he’s a good coach that knows how to win and he’s darn good at it. Sorry if this offends you but I have to call BS when I see it. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, hoopfever said:

I know the Dresden girls are foul prone, but West has been coaching a long time, his best player gets her second foul in the first qtr and he doesn’t pull her ?? Second best player gets her second foul right after and doesn’t pull her ?? Cmon !!! I’m not arguing the fact that Stephenson didn’t coach to win, but neither did West and you will never convince me otherwise. Play on both sides was horrendous, which leads me to believe neither coach was coaching to win. The yelling was just an act. I’m not picking sides, both should be embarrassed. I don’t know where your facts are coming from but I’d be willing to bet neither coach told thier players to lose but they definitely didn’t coach them to win

I will agree that Dresden played with very little sense of urgency as well and had some mysterious stuff happen but Gleason’s play was so obvious they had no intention of winning. It was pretty bad. That is all the crowd was talking about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AvyTooSavy11 said:

Good game but let’s get some things straight here. What have the students done that they need to be “under control” for? Saying things to get in opposing player’s heads? Boo-hoo. Cry me a river I might have to go get my kayak. Also, they’re just kids. If Greenfield had maybe a little bigger school they’d have a bigger pep club and it wouldn’t be any different than Union City. They would say and do the exact same stuff. There’s no denying, Chants and Cheers from a large group can change an outcome on a game. It can easily be intimidating to an opponent and energizing to a team. All fun and games so quit complaining. Second, what has Shane Sisco done that has your panties in a wad? Win? I can’t name you anything that he has done that has been a bad look for the team/school ever. All I know is he’s a good coach that knows how to win and he’s darn good at it. Sorry if this offends you but I have to call BS when I see it. 

...seems like a year ago that I remember Greenfield chanting "over rated" to the Lee girl from TCA. I wasn't at that game, but that was the big hub bub last year.  I didn't think anything negative about either student section from what I heard last night. That's part of the hometown support and no one was offended last night, except for some soft skinned parents. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AvyTooSavy11 said:

This post hit the nail on the head.  Greenfield fans are the sorriest and most jealous fans in West Tennessee.  I sat right behind many of them.  They were scared in their seats last night when the THE U C Lady Tornados were throwing a curve ball in their little district party.  I might add, Union City Student body shows up to support their fellow friends and students athletes in competition no matter.  All tournament long, the Union City student body is there for both boys and girls teams.   It says a lot when Dresden and Gleason student body  comes over and joins the Union City kids cheering section when they realized Union City was not going to just hand the district title over the Greenfield.  It was obvious looking from the opposite side of the gym over at the U C Student section.   What does that say for Greenfield, their students and fans?   AND, about coach Sisco, if you can't beat him, watch him.  I'm sorry for Greenfield folks only have their girls basketball team to root for during sports when most of the other schools have multiple sports that are competitive and respected of their winning traditions both on and off the playing fields.  As for the game itself, another couple calls late in the 3rd and during the 4th quarter that held back Union City, protected the two Greenfield miss basketball girls and their undefeated season, we would have been talking about a win.  Greenfield is beatable, that was proven Saturday night. Union City just didn't win all 4 quarters. Greenfield will be contested in more games to come.  They will get tougher with more is at stake and on the line.  They for sure are not above being beat. That day is in the near future.

Edited by ucdiditagain
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Was it too close for you to give play by play tonight?   And you sure seem to like to call out other schools but don’t want to hear anything negative about yours lolol.   

Had a granddaughters birthday in Memphis so wasn’t able to attend game or hear much of it. From what I got to hear Union City played a great game. Our press hurt them bad the first two games but they must have broke it this game. Union City can go a long way if they play like last night. Thank you pioneer42 for giving me updates. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 69

Union City  53  -   Final 

29-0 District Champs - Great job girls

Tough game!  But we needed that. Listened on radio and they thought the game got really physical.  Sounded like the UC fans got crazy again. Union City needs to get their students under control but that’s hard when your boys coach acts like he does. 

Are you serious? Get the student section under control?  Student sections are supposed to be out of control. Have you ever watched a Duke game? You need to take the blinders off and come down off your high horse and actually watch and listen to your own fans and I am not talking about the students. The adults tell opposing players they suck and don’t deserve to be playing against Greenfield. You always want to get on here and talk about how people act but never mention your own crowd. Lastly, Shane Sisco spends his time coaching his players and they respect and listen to him. His players act right and play the game hard and they win. I know now you are going to say just let you enjoy this team because your school is so small and it doesn’t happen very often. So enjoy it because your time is coming.

• Like 2