Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

Greenfield 41

Gibson County 31

halftime

GC has played a great game.

update 52-35 Greenfield after 3 qtr
as some GC fans chant overrated.

57-39 final (great game) both teams looked satisfied with outcome. Hardest game we have had since the Loretto game.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Congrats to Greenfield on the Region championship. Hats off to for the participation of Macy getting to score the 1st 2 points of the game. That was a class move and was appreciated. I was pleased with our effort and anytime you play a stacked team like that, you just have to take your lumps and appreciate the caliber of players you're playing against. Hopefully, we'll go to Memphis and then meet y'all at the Boro next week. Co-MVPs Chloe Moore and Tess Darby are great basketball players and we'll all be glad when they're off to college, but even in this loss...their game should be appreciated. Great atmosphere as well for a small town high school basketball game. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 41

Gibson County 31

halftime

GC has played a great game.

update 52-35 Greenfield after 3 qtr
as some GC fans chant overrated.

57-39 final (great game) both teams looked satisfied with outcome. Hardest game we have had since the Loretto game.

That was just the student body ....no one really believes that Greenfield is overrated from the adults in the gym. Great game. Y'all have an awesome team and are the front runners to win it all. Congrats on going wire-to-wire during the regular season at #1 as well. 

18 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Greenfieldfan, what’re your thoughts on Greenfield holding the ball for the last 1:30 of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter? 

Just curious.  What team doesn’t hold the ball most of the time at the end of the quarter for one last shot.  That’s what greenfield did and hit a three 

6 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

Just curious.  What team doesn’t hold the ball most of the time at the end of the quarter for one last shot.  That’s what greenfield did and hit a three 

I am fine with holding the ball at the end of the third quarter, busting that 3-pointer was a big play......

But, what about holding the ball for the whole fourth quarter? Situations like this are why people are yelling for shot clocks.

Edited by GCPioneer

13 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

That was just the student body ....no one really believes that Greenfield is overrated from the adults in the gym. Great game. Y'all have an awesome team and are the front runners to win it all. Congrats on going wire-to-wire during the regular season at #1 as well. 

Thank you. I know it was the student body and our students do the same thing. I’m pulling for Gibson County and Westview to go to state and pull for each other

20 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Greenfieldfan, what’re your thoughts on Greenfield holding the ball for the last 1:30 of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter? 

I didn’t like the fourth quarter stalling, although I understand it.  It resulted in 4 or 5 straight turnovers.  I like slowing it down and making them get out of the packed in zone, but try to score.  It’s basketball, not keep away.  However, I think Coach T did it because our top 3 players had some foul trouble and he was scared of them fouling out.  After our top 6-7 players, it gets very thin on players who are ready to play at this stage.  As far as the last 1:30 of the 3rd quarter, I had no problem with it.  Save the last shot for us, try to get GC out of the zone, and keep one of our girls from picking up a 4th foul.