Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

1 minute ago, JacketPride5 said:

I didn’t like the fourth quarter stalling, although I understand it.  It resulted in 4 or 5 straight turnovers.  I like slowing it down and making them get out of the packed in zone, but try to score.  It’s basketball, not keep away.  However, I think Coach T did it because our top 3 players had some foul trouble and he was scared of them fouling out.  After our top 6-7 players, it gets very thin on players who are ready to play at this stage.  As far as the last 1:30 of the 3rd quarter, I had no problem with it.  Save the last shot for us, try to get GC out of the zone, and keep one of our girls from picking up a 4th foul.

I can agree with that...

No complaints from me on Greenfield holding the ball. I think we only put 9 points on the board in the 2nd half. When you're down, you have to take the fight to the one that's ahead and the clock is not our friend in that situation. Pick your poison...foul which one? If we can't get shots off and score for 7 minutes in the 3rd, it's a pretty easy way to finish the game and move on to the next. Let's go to Memphis and get a W and then try to figure out the next one. 

33 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Greenfieldfan, what’re your thoughts on Greenfield holding the ball for the last 1:30 of the third quarter and all of the fourth quarter? 

No problem with holding for last shot and Biggs hit a big shot, that was big. Na i didn’t like the 4 qtr and we haven’t done that all year but I understand we may need to hold it at state. I can see Coach T working on all phases of the game. 

22 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

No problem with holding for last shot and Biggs hit a big shot, that was big. Na i didn’t like the 4 qtr and we haven’t done that all year but I understand we may need to hold it at state. I can see Coach T working on all phases of the game. 

Fair enough...

Gibson County did well to get out of the Region with a second place finish. Gleason and Union City took a lot of wind out of us. But I thought Gibson County played with a lot of energy tonight and made Greenfield work some. I have no problem with Greenfield stalling the ball in the fourth quarter. They had a lead and GC wasn’t going to start playing rough and fouling and make a long drawn out thing out of it. Thought tonight’s game was good for both teams. Made Greenfield have to work a little and it gave Gibson County some confidence that if they clean some things up we might give them a run if we get another shot at them. 

I'm not sure I agree with that... Greenfield has always been competitive with Coach Trevathan as head coach. He has won, is winning, and will continue to win. Coach Trevathan has done an exceptional job and will continue to do a great job with the Greenfield program.

As far as the Loretto game goes, no one was stopping Karly Weathers that night.

Edited by GCPioneer

1 hour ago, Topfan said:

Coach T is a marginal coach at best. Lost the Loretto game last year in semi finals trying to change his defense. Let the girls play their game and no body is within 15 of this team. If Greenfield loses it won’t be because of the girls. 

You are clueless. There isnt a better coach/man than Willie Trevathan. 

2 minutes ago, footballover said:

You are clueless. There isnt a better coach/man than Willie Trevathan. 

Agreed

What he did tonight at the beginning of the game allowing Gibson County's Macey Neal (who tore her ACL) score the first two points of the game says a lot about about him as a coach and person. He didn't have to let that be done, but was a class act about it. 

2 hours ago, Topfan said:

Coach T is a marginal coach at best. Lost the Loretto game last year in semi finals trying to change his defense. Let the girls play their game and no body is within 15 of this team. If Greenfield loses it won’t be because of the girls. 

I agree completely!!! Just about any coach worth his salt could have taken over a team that has traditionally finished behind multiple area schools with the traditions and history of Bradford, Gleason, Gibson County, Union City, Lake County, ect… (and all their gold balls), and changed the culture to the tune of a state title, undefeated season, multiple Miss Basketball nominee's, DI signee's... well, you get the picture. Add to that, He should have to wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner for losing to that awful team with that Weathers girl (who everyone knows isn't going to amount to much) in the tournament last year! If he doesn't get some advice soon, or a decent assistant coach, he could even wind up losing fifteen or twenty games before he retires if he isn't careful.

Nice first post!!!

SMH...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I agree completely!!! Just about any coach worth his salt could have taken over a team that has traditionally finished behind multiple area schools with the traditions and history of Bradford, Gleason, Gibson County, Union City, Lake County, ect… (and all their gold balls), and changed the culture to the tune of a state title, undefeated season, multiple Miss Basketball nominee's, DI signee's... well, you get the picture. Add to that, He should have to wear a dunce cap and sit in the corner for losing to that awful team with that Weathers girl (who everyone knows isn't going to amount to much) in the tournament last year! If he doesn't get some advice soon, or a decent assistant coach, he could even wind up losing fifteen or twenty games before he retires if he isn't careful.

Nice first post!!!

SMH...

Great post, Trader!