Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

On 3/4/2020 at 1:03 PM, pioneer42 said:

I wouldn’t say that. We beat Middleton at state when they had their good talent. They had won 70 in a row or so. I won’t be surprised if they do get beat and it is nothing against Greenfield it is just basketball has some good teams and they have a bullseye on their back. Thought GC kinda punched back at them last night after getting hit in the mouth. They can get beat. I would love one more shot at them in the finals. They got beat last year. GC lost at the state four years ago when we were undefeated. It happens.

When GC beat Middleton, they had an unstoppable guard and an outstanding three point shooter and very similar talent the rest of the way.  GC’s talent is FAR below that of Greenfield.  Greenfield is superior in talent to ALL other single A Schools.  It will take “all 8” non Greenfield participants to win the gold ball!  I got Greenfield in a cakewalk! 

2 minutes ago, BullShark said:

When GC beat Middleton, they had an unstoppable guard and an outstanding three point shooter and very similar talent the rest of the way.  GC’s talent is FAR below that of Greenfield.  Greenfield is superior in talent to ALL other single A Schools.  It will take “all 8” non Greenfield participants to win the gold ball!  I got Greenfield in a cakewalk! 

A good ball handling night and a good shooting night will get them if they are not careful. Loretto matches up with them real well. They have good height, have good shooters, and the ball handling to do it. Think it is going to be far from a cakewalk.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

A good ball handling night and a good shooting night will get them if they are not careful. Loretto matches up with them real well. They have good height, have good shooters, and the ball handling to do it. Think it is going to be far from a cakewalk.

We can agree to disagree then.  Best of luck to GC!  

1 minute ago, BullShark said:

We can agree to disagree then.  Best of luck to GC!  

Appreciate it!! No doubt they are the favorites. But they are undefeated and they are going to get teams best shots. Teams are getting ready to play them because it likely goes through them. 

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

They thought it was a cake walk last year.   I do think Loretto put them out in the semi's. Then GibsonCounty beat Loretto to advance and win the Gold Ball. You do remember that right? Gibson County didnt have any one "stud" on the team.  We had a team, when you look at the stats from last year,  didn't have 1 or 2 key player's you had to worry about.  Any given night we had 5-6 players that could burn you. So you see Greenfield had better talent last year too. What trophy did they come back with? Your right, they came back empty handed. We also had the best coach in Class A last year (IMO). Probably this year too. GC graduated all those players who won it all. If we can take care of business in Memphis,  we'll have another opportunity to win it again.  Now, I will say Class A is Greenfield's to loose.  They will be heavily favored.  Hear's a suggestion for you though, You might want to calm down just a bit making those kind of statements. "That's why they play the game". Anything can happen. Just a history lesson in case you forgot about last year.

15 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

They thought it was a cake walk last year.   I do think Loretto put them out in the semi's. Then GibsonCounty beat Loretto to advance and win the Gold Ball. You do remember that right? Gibson County didnt have any one "stud" on the team.  We had a team, when you look at the stats from last year,  didn't have 1 or 2 key player's you had to worry about.  Any given night we had 5-6 players that could burn you. So you see Greenfield had better talent last year too. What trophy did they come back with? Your right, they came back empty handed. We also had the best coach in Class A last year (IMO). Probably this year too. GC graduated all those players who won it all. If we can take care of business in Memphis,  we'll have another opportunity to win it again.  Now, I will say Class A is Greenfield's to loose.  They will be heavily favored.  Hear's a suggestion for you though, You might want to calm down just a bit making those kind of statements. "That's why they play the game". Anything can happen. Just a history lesson in case you forgot about last year.

Not sure about your comment GC graduated all of last years team.   I know I have seen 3 if not 4 girls that played last year and played a lot but not sure why anybody is still talking about last year.  It’s 2020 and time to be talking about the tournament next week.  Greenfield won it the year before GC did last year and nobody still talking about it.   Next week is what counts 

28 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

I have said all along you get up there and you have a puncher’s chance. Blind draw, bigger gym, adjustments to the college goals, nerves, refs call it different....GC has played a murderous schedule. I think they are very battle tested. They have three girls who played a bunch up there last year and a sophomore and a freshman who are very talented and both have superstar written all over them. We got work to do tomm. Night but I do like what I have seen in the Region. Greenfield are the favorites yes but you never know what is going to happen up there. Gibson County is 11-1 the last four times they have been up there in that tournament. I know that is history but players have  been around and seen the success. Tradition helps.  I have said all year let’s just get there and see what happens. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

Blows my mind how anyone can think Greenfield won't be challenged in Murfreesboro.  They beat Loretto this year, in a home atmosphere, by only 6 points.  

Loretto isn't the only team in A that is capable of beating Greenfield.

No cake walks will be given, especially if they end up having to play Clarkrange and Loretto back to back.

17 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Blows my mind how anyone can think Greenfield won't be challenged in Murfreesboro.  They beat Loretto this year, in a home atmosphere, by only 6 points.  

Loretto isn't the only team in A that is capable of beating Greenfield.

No cake walks will be given, especially if they end up having to play Clarkrange and Loretto back to back.

Blows my mind that these posters think it is going to be the Greenfield Invitational. All true Greenfield Fans don’t think that way and they probably hate it when posters post this stuff but it gets posted and doesn’t do Greenfield any favors. But good luck tomm. I know we have to go to Memphis and play a good team and that will be tough so we have our hands full for sure.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Blows my mind that these posters think it is going to be the Greenfield Invitational. All true Greenfield Fans don’t think that way and they probably hate it when posters post this stuff but it gets posted and doesn’t do Greenfield any favors. But good luck tomm. I know we have to go to Memphis and play a good team and that will be tough so we have our hands full for sure.

Best of Luck to GC!  Hope to see y'all at state!