Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

I will say this and I think everyone knows I have a neice that plays for Gibson County and was a senior. But my heart goes out to all these girls. Can you imagine putting the time they have put in and have your career end like this? I know at Gibson County as well as others you don’t make the state tournament your season is a disappointment and you do make it and you can’t finish. All classes had good teams left. How would you like to be Macon County or Westview in AA? Clarkrange and Loretto are two class programs that could have won it all and were very good teams and will be there year end and year out. But Region 7 may have had the best Region ever in the last four years. Greenfield, Gibson County and TCA all won state titles and of course TCA left our Region this past year. But the basketball we have seen in West TN the last few years is off the charts. Greenfield played with an attitude this year. They lost to Loretto last year and they played like a team on a mission and to prove a point. Chloe Moore and Heather Butler are the two best players I have seen come out of here in a long time. Which one was better is a coin flip, IMO. But the quality of play was off the charts. Dresden, Bradford, Gleason, Union City and Peabody all brought it when they hit the floor as well. I don’t know if we will ever see the talent pool ever assembled again like it has the last four years. I hate it equally for all teams left in all classes but Single A I know better. How would you like to be Greenfield who had played on a mission all year and was undefeated and was the obvious favorite? How would you like to be Loretto who came up short last year who had an outstanding team and knocked off Greenfield last year? How would you like to be Clarkrange who has won 8 Gold Balls and was wanting revenge back at Greenfield from last years loss? How would you like to be Gibson County who was looking to win back to back titles and go through all the injuries and adversity they did and make it and get the rug jerked out? This is a sad moment we all have to live with and every team is heart broke right now and is something we are not accustomed to seeing. I do thank the good Lord he gave me the good times he did to watch all these great teams and great players play because it has been a fun ride.

I do believe the Class A teams of this past season, as a whole, may have been the best this state has ever had at one time.  The final four on Class A would have been the top teams of any classification.  I would like to have seen what this group of teams could have done on the national stage.  This state would have been well represented.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, gogold said:

I do believe the Class A teams of this past season, as a whole, may have been the best this state has ever had at one time.  The final four on Class A would have been the top teams of any classification.  I would like to have seen what this group of teams could have done on the national stage.  This state would have been well represented.

Greenfield guard wise may have had the best guards I have ever seen in West TN. Post wise is a different ball game. You give Greenfield Madison Hart or a Curry Jelks type post and they would beat most teams on a national stage. Arlington, Westview, Macon County all teams GC played either in summer or during season could go. Upperman looked like a big team team to match up with also.