Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

On 10/5/2019 at 9:19 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Tess Darby just got an offer from Kelly Jolley and the UT Lady Vols. That is awesome, she has had great career and closing in on 3000 points. Tess is not only is a great basketball player but a great person. Tess, we are so proud of you. 

Its going to be a fun year.

I am proud of her and glad Jolley is looking at West TN players. I do think Jolley will work hard and have good values. I hope Jolley works out for the Lady Vols because I like her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

The Lady Jackets have a lot of talent this year barring any major injuries this should be a fun year. 

Chloe Moore (2018 Miss Basketball and 2 time All State, 2018 State Tournament MVP) returns with several D1 college offers.

Tess Darby (2018 Miss Basketball nominee, 3 time All State and closing in on 3000 career pts) has offers from Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Belmont, MTSU and several other D1 schools.

Kayla Peterson has committed to Union University to play for Mark Campbell, the best coach and mentor in the state.

Sophomore Edie Darby (sparkplug of the 2018 State Championship Team) as an 8th grader has several colleges already contacting her.

Reese Biggs a junior made All District/All Region last year, gives you 110% every time down the court can play college ball if she chooses.

This year we have some depth with game experience: Crouse, Hazelwood, Brown, Mitchell, Wiley and some others (something we didn't have last year). 

Also having the 2018 Tennessee coach of the year, Willie Trevathan  also will help our girls reach their full potential, good luck girls.

So are you automatically putting Peterson in the starting 5 ? 

26 minutes ago, AllVolHere said:

If she isn't starting 5 i imagine she will be right off the bench and will get plenty of minutes. Watched her in AAU and seen her at Martin with Greenfield this summer and she is definitely a contributor there.

Krause will be the one that loses minutes out of this deal the most. And she is a solid player as is Biggs. 

8 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Honestly Peterson coming off the bench for instant offense isn't a bad idea. I would stagger her/Edie and Chloe/Tess so you have 2 scorers on the floor at all times.

The way they did it this summer they had all four on the floor at the same time with Krause sitting the most.

Edited by pioneer42

I was wondering how she would be interested into an already talented group. IMO she’s a starter for them and we all know the coach is going to have his best 5 on the floor at crunch time. I just hate to see a kid who’s been to 3 schools in 4 years take someone’s playing time who’s invested yrs with the program. I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I’m sticking behind it 

Edited by hoopfever

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

The games I seen Crouse started and played plenty. Only game I seen Peterson play alot of minutes was when they beat Batesville at Martin. 

That is the game I seen. Crouse started but Peterson played a ton. Going to. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Crouse is a solid player as is Biggs.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, hoopfever said:

I was wondering how she would be interested into an already talented group. IMO she’s a starter for them and we all know the coach is going to have his best 5 on the floor at crunch time. I just hate to see a kid who’s been to 3 schools in 4 years take someone’s playing time who’s invested yrs with the program. I know it will be an unpopular opinion but I’m sticking behind it 

Yeah it could backfire on Greenfield. May not have enough basketballs to go round. Yeah 3 schools in four years means 3 houses, house C. If I am Greenfield I would make sure all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed. And I bet they have. But we seen what happend in Fayetteville last week.