Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:19 PM, lionsupport said:

I wasn’t the first to mention they were chasing a ring. The fact is she committed to Union before she had played one minute for Greenfield so to say that she wouldn’t have the opportunity to play at the next level by playing for Dresden is crazy. She is going to play for Union because of her performance at Dresden. Now, if they didn’t like the coach, the people, etc just say it. You getting on here saying Dresden is a clique town I say show me a town that doesn’t have cliques.

I will agree with that.If she was good enough to play for Union,could have easily did it while playing at Dresden.I'd think she d score more and have a better chance at even playing for a larger college if she was the standout at Dresden

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Shes not going to play against much competition .Gibson Co looked ok in Dyersburg.Other than Greenfield,Union City looked to be the best Single A team in the area in our region.Going to be blowouts.LC girls and Humboldt will struggle to win 5 games.So if its for better competition,unless its maybe a Christmas tournament,nobody in the region will challenge them

When did you see Union City play? You think they are better than Dresden? Dresden looked pretty good this summer. Two really good players in Childress and Wynn in the paint plus other contributors. 

57 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

When did you see Union City play? You think they are better than Dresden? Dresden looked pretty good this summer. Two really good players in Childress and Wynn in the paint plus other contributors. 

Union City looked awful Saturday in the Jamboree at Dyersburg, IMO. I havent seen Dresden but I thought the last few years that they were pretty decent and a leegi program. I dont agree with the statement that she would not be able to play at the next level had she stayed at Gleason. I have seen too many kids get decent college offers and scholarships at subpar programs. Its all about the work and performance of the kid and of course, these days, the right AAU circuit helps. However, the transfer has happened and it was legit, unless TSSAA goes back on their word like the NCAA did Wiseman, SMH. Greenfield has a good chance of making another state championship run from what I saw Saturday. They are DEEP, at least 10 solid and Trevathan had a pretty good rotation even for a jamboree. I'll be there in March to watch it and I'm sure they will be there for me to see

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Union City looked awful Saturday in the Jamboree at Dyersburg, IMO. I havent seen Dresden but I thought the last few years that they were pretty decent and a leegi program. I dont agree with the statement that she would not be able to play at the next level had she stayed at Gleason. I have seen too many kids get decent college offers and scholarships at subpar programs. Its all about the work and performance of the kid and of course, these days, the right AAU circuit helps. However, the transfer has happened and it was legit, unless TSSAA goes back on their word like the NCAA did Wiseman, SMH. Greenfield has a good chance of making another state championship run from what I saw Saturday. They are DEEP, at least 10 solid and Trevathan had a pretty good rotation even for a jamboree. I'll be there in March to watch it and I'm sure they will be there for me to see

Childress was playing PG this summer and looked really good for Dresden as did Wynn down low. Who did UC play? I had to leave after the GC game.

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

When did you see Union City play? You think they are better than Dresden? Dresden looked pretty good this summer. Two really good players in Childress and Wynn in the paint plus

Didn't see Dresden.Got to Dyersburg yesterday at noon and stayed late.Greenfield beat Obion Central pretty easily.Dyersburg played Union City.Thought Dyersburg was the second best team.Think Gibson Co played Haywwod..And Lake Co played Humboldt.LC and Humboldt will struggle.Maybe South Gibson played Haywwod.South Gibson didn't look too bad.But to me,Greenfield ,Dyersburg were the best 2.I'd go with UC based on what I saw ,because they do have some shooters.Dyersburg didn't give them much room to get a good look.

2 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I think we have different opinions of UC.Dyersburg would have made any team look bad other than Greenfield.I'd be willing to bet UC finishes 2nd or 3rd in the district.

37 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Didn't see Dresden.Got to Dyersburg yesterday at noon and stayed late.Greenfield beat Obion Central pretty easily.Dyersburg played Union City.Thought Dyersburg was the second best team.Think Gibson Co played Haywwod..And Lake Co played Humboldt.LC and Humboldt will struggle.Maybe South Gibson played Haywwod.South Gibson didn't look too bad.But to me,Greenfield ,Dyersburg were the best 2.I'd go with UC based on what I saw ,because they do have some shooters.Dyersburg didn't give them much room to get a good look.

GC played Crockett County. South Gibson played Haywood. 

37 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I think we have different opinions of UC.Dyersburg would have made any team look bad other than Greenfield.I'd be willing to bet UC finishes 2nd or 3rd in the district.

They may and have talent but they hadn't had any luck last couple of years against Dresden and Gleason. They have talent I agree. We are old rivals and they always play us tough. We will see. Gleason's PG won't be back until January.

4 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 73 USJ 56
Good job girls. Good USJ team, well coached. Good win. 

The Jackets looked in mid-season form. Shot the ball well, played great defense. Gonna be tough for anybody to hang with them. USJ played well. The Jones girls are players, they made a couple runs but Greenfield just to strong. How's the Biggs girl? Didn't look good!