Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

3 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Halftime

Greenfield 40

Gibson County 15

Good half girls, keep it going.

Congrats to Greenfield!! They are a well rounded team. They won the 50/50 balls and had 17 offensive rebounds. They created I would say 30 TO's. A team will have to have a great ball handling night to beat them because Chloe rarely turns it over. I figured we would struggle early on and if you don't believe me look at my posts I have said throughout pre-season. #4 had major foot surgery and just got released to run a month ago. #10 broke her hand first game this summer and was out until middle of September. #2 broke her ankle in Murfreesboro last year and missed a lot of summer camp as well. We are not in good GC Basketball Shape right now and do not have good team chemistry yet. We got better with players out in summer camp as the year went on. I say we will get better as the year goes on "if" we stay healthy. But congrats to Greenfield!! Very good team!!

8 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

I was talking about Westview not Greenfield

No doubt Westview always reloads. They are loaded again this year!! Greenfield, Westview and TCA are the best three around here this year so far. It is a mystery why Greenfield and Westview don't play. Your PG is a Chloe Moore type player. I feel Chloe Moore is the best player in West TN right now and your PG is close behind.

Edited by pioneer42

The final margin wasn't how I expected it to be honestly, BUT it's a silver lining to this. One, I could tell Gibson County is still getting used to each other (and also getting back healthy) the offense didn't flow like normal and defensively Greenfield got pretty much what they wanted. I think Gibson County will be much improved by the new year, I would look out for them then. But to Greenfield, they just kinda go about their business and do what they do, Tess really impressed me shooting the basketball (I think now she's gonna have a very important role at Tennessee) and Chloe had her typical quiet big night. Peterson, little Darby, and #21 (left-handed kid) balance them out so well, so it's pretty much pick your poison. I'm just waiting on December 7th, for the titanic matchup with Loretto. But as they say, one game at a time. I hope TCA is prepared for what's gonna hit them this weekend.

4 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

The final margin wasn't how I expected it to be honestly, BUT it's a silver lining to this. One, I could tell Gibson County is still getting used to each other (and also getting back healthy) the offense didn't flow like normal and defensively Greenfield got pretty much what they wanted. I think Gibson County will be much improved by the new year, I would look out for them then. But to Greenfield, they just kinda go about their business and do what they do, Tess really impressed me shooting the basketball (I think now she's gonna have a very important role at Tennessee) and Chloe had her typical quiet big night. Peterson, little Darby, and #21 (left-handed kid) balance them out so well, so it's pretty much pick your poison. I'm just waiting on December 7th, for the titanic matchup with Loretto. But as they say, one game at a time. I hope TCA is prepared for what's gonna hit them this weekend.

GC will get better and they will get more accustomed to new roles, getting healthy and knowing each other on the court. GC lost 5 seniors and Greenfield didn't lose any and added a real good one. Darby's are good players but Chloe Moore is the ace factor. When you have a player that rarely turns it over and has a team that creates a ton of TO's this is what you have. Loretto beat them at the state last year because they handled their pressure and made some shots. You have to handle their pressure because Chloe will not turn it over and if they get ahead they can freeze the ball in the 4th quarter. 

I’m not sure the last time I remember Gibson County getting beat by 30.... it don’t happen too often.

Greenfield is the team to beat in Single A this season. Obviously, they have more talent than anyone in Single A. The only thing I worry about for Greenfield is someone who can handle their pressure and not turn it over(Loretto), rebound with them (Loretto), and is capable of beating them (Loretto). Greenfield tends to play a wide open style of ball, and while that may work against teams they are superior against, it may not work against a Loretto or Summertown. With that being said, from what I’ve seen, Greenfield is the best team in the state, but anyone can beat anyone in a one game scenario.

St. Agnes is in Memphis. They have a kid who is going to Tennessee State, Brali Simmons. I expect Westview, Greenfield, whoever is playing them to beat them easily.

15 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

By tournament time Gibson County will be much better, Gibson County is still the #2 team in our region.

I wouldn't bet on that.I said during the jamboree Greenfield was the best team there followed by Dyersburg.Think its between Union City and Gibson Co.I thought Union City actually looked better than Gibson Co but it was just who they played in Dyersburg.Someone said Union City was terrible.I notice they are 3-0 and won their games by over 20 points..Not too terrible it seems.

41 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I wouldn't bet on that.I said during the jamboree Greenfield was the best team there followed by Dyersburg.Think its between Union City and Gibson Co.I thought Union City actually looked better than Gibson Co but it was just who they played in Dyersburg.Someone said Union City was terrible.I notice they are 3-0 and won their games by over 20 points..Not too terrible it seems.

I am going to reiterate this time and time again. GC will be a different team come Feb. 1st if they stay healthy. They have been hurt all summer and fall and hadn't played. Shooting guard just got out of a walking boot after major foot surgery not even a month ago and PG just got back in September with a broke hand as well as one recovering from a broke ankle. They are not in basketball shape right now. Let's talk about Feb. 1st. These girls hadn't forgot how to play the game. Errors these girls made last night had to do with fatigue more than anything. Greenfield is a great team and I am sure we will lose some more but I bet they will be a handful come February. Our post scored a ton last night. Guard play will get going. These three guards are the ones that have been hurt.

Watching Greenfield play it seems like Darby and Moore dont like each other. Body language tells alot. When one is spotted up wide open for a 3 and the other looks at her then decides to drive to the goal and shoot herself that tells alot. Winning takes care of all of that but sure looks like some resentment from one of the girls