Is 3a football the best class pound for pound?

crow6424

Just now, FIREBIRD80 said:

Yeah but it took 4 years for them to agree to play PC. People been wanting that game for years now!!!

I understand but they can't go on overkill either, which is what their non region schedule borders on. The goal of a schedule is to get you ready for a playoff run, CR accomplishes that most years. You'd like to have a game or two where you get the younger guys in. 

1 minute ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Just being honest, the only reason they agreed to play this year, because they felt like PC was in total rebuilding mode. I feel like they didn't expect PC to come out the way they did and dominate.

You could be right, but Eddie Woods has been doing this long enough to know that Brunetti will never have a team at Pearl that is in true rebuilding mode

Last year

Spots 1-4 would all be games decided by one score IMO.

10th is a toss up. I threw in a healthy GB team and Upperman because I think they could have beaten a lot of good 6A teams on a given Friday night.

1. Alcoa

2. Greeneville

3. Oakland

4. Maryville

5. Covington

6. Mt Juliet

7. Blackman

8. Central

9. Whitehaven

10. Upperman/several 6A teams/ Healthy Greenback team

Over last ten years

1 Maryville- 5 State championships in 6A , 3 runner ups  and  three 15-0 seasons

2 Alcoa- -7 State championships in 3A, 1 runner up and three 15-0 seasons . 3 seasons with one loss to Maryville

3 Greeneville-4 State titles in 4A, 1 runner up three 15-0 seasons

4 Whitehaven -2 state titles in 6A, two undefeated seasons

5 Oakland- 1 state title in 6A, 1 runner up , consistently in semis

6 Fulton  - 3 state championships in 4 A, two undefeated seasons

7 Ravenwood- 1 state title in 6A, 1 runner up

8 Henry Co- 2 state titles in 5A, two 15-0 seasons

9-10 Several 5A and 6A schools

18 hours ago, crow6424 said:

Pearl beats Cane Ridge

Alcoa beats Blackman 

Upperman beats Cookeville 

What are your thoughts on the best class?

Also East Nashville Beats Smyrna. I cant remember if they are 5 or 6a. I seriously think the 3a top 8 can beat almost anybody. I remember when we was in 4a people on the boards was saying we was running from 3a teams because 4a was weak

16 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Also East Nashville Beats Smyrna. I cant remember if they are 5 or 6a. I seriously think the 3a top 8 can beat almost anybody. I remember when we was in 4a people on the boards was saying we was running from 3a teams because 4a was weak

East Nashville could make a deep playoff run. Smyrna is usually a solid team. Are they in your region?

Edited by crow6424