5A & 6A AP Poll

I do not say this to tick people off or to be funny but Oak Ridge being ranked at # 7 is fair and accurate. Obviously, we were over ranked preseason. Past tradition of eight State Championships and one National Title will do that.

It will take time to get this team up to their potential on offense. I don't want to put too much pressure on one young player but once this kid gets going the Cardinal and Gray will axcellerate. We are on the right track defensively and will only get more stout and nasty.

Oh, by the way, if you won't to know how good I am at predicting high school games go to the Big Ones Results page and scroll WAY DOWN because I am south of the border.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DavidGlasgow said:

No hate just truth. I gave you all the stats you needed. Oh, I forgot about Oak Ridge. Once Oak Ridge gets in sync they could probably beat Central.

Your living in a dream world bud. Oak Ridge is down by all accounts including their own fans so them beating us is pretty much out of the question. When it comes to SD and Powell, yeah they are both great teams and YES they could beat us. All teams are beatable, but to say any teams in 5a are “a lot better” than Central is foolish. 

13 hours ago, wave88 said:

I’m ok with where and who the teams are.  My only question is who gives a team that lost week 1 2 first place votes.  IMO it’s a two team race and myself I would have Beech at 1.  They won’t be an underdog in any game they play all year.

So, how can anybody be "ok" with a poll that has a team that lost 42-3 to another team ranked a spot ahead of the team that beat them 42-3?  

That's just insane and proof that the poll voters don't actually bother to look at scores and schedules and rank based on "reputation" and not on what actually happens on the field.  

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

So, how can anybody be "ok" with a poll that has a team that lost 42-3 to another team ranked a spot ahead of the team that beat them 42-3?  

I think these people who made the list are simply going off what they “think” the other writers will do.  To me HC is a top 10 team but I have a problem with them losing and getting two first place votes.  The team that waxed Fulton should absolutely be in the top 10 as well.

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

That's just insane and proof that the poll voters don't actually bother to look at scores and schedules and rank based on "reputation" and not on what actually happens on the field.  

Edited by wave88

2 hours ago, DavidGlasgow said:

No hate just truth. I gave you all the stats you needed. Oh, I forgot about Oak Ridge. Once Oak Ridge gets in sync they could probably beat Central.

I love the Wildcats but this team shouldn't be in the top ten. I hope they improve but they have a long way to go. Not enough speed, size, or athletic ability to be a top ten team.

Edited by bonkers
Change a word
  • Like 1

Don't sleep on Page in 5a. 

I know they don't get alot of press. Probably because of 20 years of mediocrity but they are a dangerous football team this year. We (Fairview) play them every year as cross county rivals and I'm pretty familiar with them. They're better than I've ever seen them. In all phases too. Kickoffs out the back of the endzone, long range field goals, nastly D line, physical & athletic linebackers, 2 great backs (1 slasher, 1 battering ram), and a passing attack that is a thing of beauty. QB is absolute baller. They completely dismantled us last week at home and we ain't bad. 

You heard it here first. :bored:

It's going to take someone capable of creating alot of pressure up front to get them out of rhythm IMO. I'm sure Hillsboro and Beech have the athletes to do that but I don't think Page will have any trouble walking right through 5 5a. 

15 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I do not say this to tick people off or to be funny but Oak Ridge being ranked at # 7 is fair and accurate. Obviously, we were over ranked preseason. Past tradition of eight State Championships and one National Title will do that.

It will take time to get this team up to their potential on offense. I don't want to put too much pressure on one young player but once this kid gets going the Cardinal and Gray will axcellerate. We are on the right track defensively and will only get more stout and nasty.

Oh, by the way, if you won't to know how good I am at predicting high school games go to the Big Ones Results page and scroll WAY DOWN because I am south of the border.

I'm an OR fan but I disagree with you. Losing to Hardin Valley should not place OR in the top ten. The fact that Fulton lost 42-3 and received some votes indicates that the poll is a bunch of #@$&!

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

I'm an OR fan but I disagree with you. Losing to Hardin Valley should not place OR in the top ten. The fact that Fulton lost 42-3 and received some votes indicates that the poll is a bunch of #@$&!

It's okay Bonkers. Only a couple of people  probably do agree with me. This is just a weird start to the season and could go either way. Prayer is probably called for. It couldn't hurt. RWR!