5A & 6A AP Poll

56 minutes ago, Director said:

Gallatin has always been a good team. Problem there has never been the athletes. This is the 1st year in a long time they have believed they were good. 
I am a Gallatin believer, two things in High School football make you a winner. Coaching and Believing you are the best. 
GWAVE1, these polls don't mean crap. Strictly for the fans. Gallatin has everyone’s attention. 

We all know they mean nothing, have been saying that since they came out.  Highly highly probable the Wave will have 8 wins at least.  Quite a few were saying early on that would not be the case.  Well here we are 7-0 and the top defense in 5A.  I would just assume everyone just continue looking on and let Gallatin do what they have been doing.  Lots of chirping in the next town over.  

30 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

We all know they mean nothing, have been saying that since they came out.  Highly highly probable the Wave will have 8 wins at least.  Quite a few were saying early on that would not be the case.  Well here we are 7-0 and the top defense in 5A.  I would just assume everyone just continue looking on and let Gallatin do what they have been doing.  Lots of chirping in the next town over.  

Anything less than a 9-1 record would be a dissapointment, IMO. They'll be a favorite against Beech

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Anything less than a 9-1 record would be a dissapointment, IMO. They'll be a favorite against Beech

I do not think Gallatin will be a favorite.  Play at their place with the expectations of being in the state title game since last year, I do not see it.  Crabtree will have those boys ready to hunt bear by the time that happens.  He does not want to let Gallatin off the mat.  

38 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I will be quite honest. I didn’t believe you would be where you are. I figured his 1st season would be 5-6 wins. 
I was wrong as were others. I like what Coach Watson has done. I like his leadership. My gut says they need another year. If he can continue thisis III for 3 years, he will build a program that contends year in and year out and may have it already. Coach Short whole program resided on the fact that we believed we would not lose. 
He was a great motivator, he was a great coach. More importantly, he was a winner. Coach Watson could be too. 
Coach Crabtree already is. So is Coach Counce

1 minute ago, GWAVE1 said:

I do not think Gallatin will be a favorite.  Play at their place with the expectations of being in the state title game since last year, I do not see it.  Crabtree will have those boys ready to hunt bear by the time that happens.  He does not want to let Gallatin off the mat.  

Honestly, I think that plays to Gallatin's advantage. Not many people have Gallatin much of a chance going into the season, the pressure will be on Beech to win. Gallatin's defense v. Beech's running game, I like my chances

7 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

1. Oakland (17) 7-0 188 1

2. Maryville (1) 7-0 170 2

3. Whitehaven 6-1 138 3

4. Kingsport Dobyns Bennett (1) 7-0 112 6

5. Brentwood 6-1 110 5

6. Ravenwood 6-1 86 7

7. Houston 7-0 83 8

8. Bradley Central 5-2 71 4

9. McMinn County 7-0 53 9

10. Stewarts Creek 6-1 23 10

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

Bradley Central being that high is a joke.

• Like 1