5A & 6A AP Poll

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Historical component??  Because Summit, Page and Kirby have one??  Crockett has one?  Maybe that guy has actually seen Gallatin.  

Recent... not 10 years ago. Page was pretty good last year.  I tend to believe there’s a East TN bias on most of the others. I said they deserve to be in the top 10, but no way worthy of a first place vote at this point. 

7 minutes ago, eers said:

Recent... not 10 years ago. Page was pretty good last year.  I tend to believe there’s a East TN bias on most of the others. I said they deserve to be in the top 10, but no way worthy of a first place vote at this point. 

These votes are all over the place. Gallatin at 14th in the state across ALL Classifications in Sonny Moore Power Rankings, yet only 11th in 5A poll...

Had Beech at 57...

Edited by thegreatone36

10 minutes ago, eers said:

You know Kirby has been a perennial bad team until just recently.  

Really does not matter though.  I agree on the East Tenn bias.  

8 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

You know Kirby has been a perennial bad team until just recently.  

Really does not matter though.  I agree on the East Tenn bias.  

I think they should just keep leaving us out the t-10. Seems to be working just fine. 3 6A wins & a large win over a solid 5A program that was ranked highly before getting beat down.

28 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Nah mannnnn were not top ten according to random poll voters, so no way possible. We haven't beaten the Green Bay Packers just yet so idk when we will get some respeck

But South Doyle is better than Gallatin according to them LOL In reality it would be mercy rule by halftime in favor of Gallatin.

The real problem is that it’s all subjective and opinions without seeing all the teams or in most cases doing any research. If I had to put a poll together right now I would probably put HC at 3 and Gallatin at 4-6, but that would be subjective as well. I don’t think there’s 6 teams in 5A better than HC, having seen them play. I haven’t seen Gallatin play, but I would have them ahead of several teams in the top 10. 

Edited by eers

10 minutes ago, eers said:

The real problem is that it’s all subjective and opinions without seeing all the teams or in most cases doing any research. If I had to put a poll together right now I would probably put HC at 3 and Gallatin at 4-6, but that would be subjective as well. I don’t think there’s 6 teams in 5A better than HC, having seen them play. I haven’t seen Gallatin play, but I would have them ahead of several teams in the top 10. 

Where would you have Beech?  

51 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Where would you have Beech?  

#2, as they beat HC. That said, I believe the top 4-5 are interchangeable at this point. Objectively, I believe HC May be better than Beech, but as they beat them head to head, they stay ahead  

Honestly looking forward to seeing Gallatin play, so I can have a better assessment of the situation overall. 

Yeah HC is a for sure top 4 team in 5A no question! If you ask me I think they are better than Beech and will prove it if they have the opportunity. Beech is #2 for now since they are still undefeated but these polls go out the window come playoff time. I dont think Beech would have beat Brentwood last Friday night and I dont think most teams in 5A could beat Brentwood in my opinion