stacmot

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

How do you create a new Avatar?  I'm a plus member, and I've looked in my profile settings/edit settings and I can't find any way to create or change an Avatar.

You must have a photo to upload or a url to import a photo. 

On mobile tap on the menu tab. Upper right corner. 

Tap account.

Tap profile. 

On the left side of your profile pic is a square photo icon.  Tap the photo icon. 

From there it will give you 3 options.

Upload a photo you already have in your files.

Import from URL.

Remove my photo.

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You must have a photo to upload or a url to import a photo. 

On mobile tap on the menu tab. Upper right corner. 

Tap account.

Tap profile. 

On the left side of your profile pic is a square photo icon.  Tap the photo icon. 

From there it will give you 3 options.

Upload a photo you already have in your files.

Import from URL.

Remove my photo.

Thanks for answering my question.  I don't use the mobile app.  I only go to Coach T on my laptop.  Of course I have an appropriately sized file to upload, but the choices or options do not seem to be the same on the laptop.  I guess I'm just computer challenged, but it's not that important anyway.

I'm more of a lurker on Coach T (mostly during football season).  I'm not finding my recently purchased (or donated) plus membership to be much of an advantage over the regular membership I've had for 15 years.  Right now, I'm wishing I had saved my money, but as time goes on, I might change my mind about that.

Thanks again for trying to help me, and the best of luck to you and your teams in the 2019-20 season.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Thanks for answering my question.  I don't use the mobile app.  I only go to Coach T on my laptop.  Of course I have an appropriately sized file to upload, but the choices or options do not seem to be the same on the laptop.  I guess I'm just computer challenged, but it's not that important anyway.

I'm more of a lurker on Coach T (mostly during football season).  I'm not finding my recently purchased (or donated) plus membership to be much of an advantage over the regular membership I've had for 15 years.  Right now, I'm wishing I had saved my money, but as time goes on, I might change my mind about that.

Thanks again for trying to help me, and the best of luck to you and your teams in the 2019-20 season.

Those are the options I'm getting on my laptop as well.

When signed in click on your profile pic.  ( yours being the purple 'S' )

This will take you to your profile page.

You will now see your profile pic (purple S) at the top (pretty much) on the left hand side.

There will be a square photo icon  □ there with your profile pic. ( 7' o'clock position )

When you hover your mouse over the square photo icon □ it will highlight it as 'Profile Photo'.

Click on the square photo icon □.  From there you'll get the 3 options:

○ Upload photo

○ Import from URL

○ Remove My Photo

^ The upload photo ○ will already be ● the option unless you choose ( click ) one of the other 2 options.

From there you click on choose single File...  Or drag and drop your file.

I've never used the drop and drag option.  I click on Choose Single File.

It takes me to my files where I can choose what photo I want to upload.

I click on the file I want to use and that file is placed in the ' File Name  ' box.

Then click on the "Open" tab.

Then click  on the Continue tab.

You will then will be allowed to Adjust the Size and click the Save tab.

If all else fails,  email your photo you want as your avatar to CoachT.  I'm sure he'll be more than glad to assist you. 

Email address:

[email protected]

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Those are the options I'm getting on my laptop as well.

When signed in click on your profile pic.  ( yours being the purple 'S' )

This will take you to your profile page.

You will now see your profile pic (purple S) at the top (pretty much) on the left hand side.

There will be a square photo icon  □ there with your profile pic. ( 7' o'clock position )

When you hover your mouse over the square photo icon □ it will highlight it as 'Profile Photo'.

Click on the square photo icon □.  From there you'll get the 3 options:

○ Upload photo

○ Import from URL

○ Remove My Photo

^ The upload photo ○ will already be ● the option unless you choose ( click ) one of the other 2 options.

From there you click on choose single File...  Or drag and drop your file.

I've never used the drop and drag option.  I click on Choose Single File.

It takes me to my files where I can choose what photo I want to upload.

I click on the file I want to use and that file is placed in the ' File Name  ' box.

Then click on the "Open" tab.

Then click  on the Continue tab.

You will then will be allowed to Adjust the Size and click the Save tab.

If all else fails,  email your photo you want as your avatar to CoachT.  I'm sure he'll be more than glad to assist you. 

Email address:

[email protected]

Thank you for your time and effort to help me, and I truly appreciate your patience and willingness to help.  I've followed your instructions to a "Coach T."  However, when I open my profile, I do not get a photo icon anywhere in or around the purple S.  In fact, I do not get a photo icon anywhere in my profile view.  I do have the option to upload, reposition, or remove a cover photo for my profile view, and I have successfully done that.

It's not that I'm so vain and silly as to get upset about a mascot avatar.  It's upsetting that I donated $25 (maybe that wasn't enough) for a plus membership, and I'm apparently not receiving all the benefits promised with that membership.  If I'm wrong about that, I apologize.  Maybe it's me and/or my computer.  Maybe my plus membership was not properly activated.  I don't know.

At any rate, thanks again.

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thank you for your time and effort to help me, and I truly appreciate your patience and willingness to help.  I've followed your instructions to a "Coach T."  However, when I open my profile, I do not get a photo icon anywhere in or around the purple S.  In fact, I do not get a photo icon anywhere in my profile view.  I do have the option to upload, reposition, or remove a cover photo for my profile view, and I have successfully done that.

It's not that I'm so vain and silly as to get upset about a mascot avatar.  It's upsetting that I donated $25 (maybe that wasn't enough) for a plus membership, and I'm apparently not receiving all the benefits promised with that membership.  If I'm wrong about that, I apologize.  Maybe it's me and/or my computer.  Maybe my plus membership was not properly activated.  I don't know.

At any rate, thanks again.

I finally added a cover photo last night.

I'm sure Coach and iamoz will get this issue solved.  And it's not vain or silly.  Plus members help keep this website what it is.  

Edited by Southtowner