AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

On 9/11/2019 at 10:32 AM, BCsportsfan said:

PC needs bumped up ,and Red Bank down one spot.

Ok, Im trolling.  A few years ago Peabody got stumped by Goodpasture.  If we had won that game, we would have faced Alcoa.  That would have been a blowout.  How does one team become so dominate.  17 state champions, wow.  Oh yes....Open Enrollment.  No disrespect but I think open enrollment is equal to private school recruiting.

Edited by Golddoctor
mispelling

1 minute ago, Golddoctor said:

Ok, Im trolling.  A few years ago Peabody got stumped by Goodpasture.  If we had won that game, we would have faced Alcoa.  That would have been a blowout.  How does one team become so dominate.  17 state champions, wow.  Oh yes....Open Enrollment.  No disrespect but I think open enrollment is equal to private school recruiting.

With that said, I still have a lot of respect for Alcoa because you guys play up.  I think you guys should try 4a.  That would really impress everyone.  Greenville and you guys would be a fun game to watch.  I think you guys would compete well.

7 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Golddoctor you know I like to troll and mess with you Peabody cats but I am about to be 100% serious for a moment. This is the teacher/administrator in me coming out. Yes Alcoa is an open zone school system. So are Milan and Trenton schools along with 80%+ of school systems in TN. It has to do with school board policy. I believe y’all is board policy 6.204 attendance of non-resident students. Any time a school system has a policy that allows students that don’t live in the zone to attend they are considered open zone. Trenton has been for a long time. Heck when I was in high school 20+ years ago I dated a girl that lived in Gibson Wells and was technically zoned for Gibson Co but she went to PHS. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I just think it is silly how so many people point to teams having an unfair advantage because of open enrollment when almost all public school systems are open enrollment. And if they are not open zone and think they are getting shafted the local school has all the power to make that change. 

Yup!

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, bglass said:

So if Covington wins tonight do we go to #1 in the rankings??

LOL !

That's a good post. OTOH, I want to be #1 in the only way that counts...by taking the Gold Ball home from Cookeville. We have a nice collection of Silver Balls (what, the count is 6 now, isn't it?). I think one Gold Ball centered between those would make a good display. No voter bias, no argument, just an outright victory is the only way to do that. This might not be the year, but we're State Champs in baseball this year, so why not dream!

17 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I just think it is silly how so many people point to teams having an unfair advantage because of open enrollment when almost all public school systems are open enrollment. And if they are not open zone and think they are getting shafted the local school has all the power to make that change. 

Okay I must do my research.  If that is true, we need to recruit legally like the Alcoa's of the world