AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

On 9/14/2019 at 5:21 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Yup, with Maryville High school just 5 minutes away from Alcoa High school......and Alcoa getting ALL the area talent must make it really hard for Maryville to win?:lol:

In one small area you have Greenback,  Alcoa & Maryville competing for State Championships.  Maybe best you, look at the Communities and how active the feeder football programs are? B)

I'm 100% sure, that's where you'll find the heart of these programs success. :thumb:

Or enrollment with 30% out of county students lol. That has to be the highest in the state for a public school. 1 out of 3 kids arent even from Alcoa. 

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Or enrollment with 30% out of county students lol. That has to be the highest in the state for a public school. 1 out of 3 kids arent even from Alcoa. 

Lol! That the best you got!?....already coming up with fake news and excuses:lol:

I was pulling for them sissy bees, so they would have to travel to the Tornado torture grounds for another 75 point beat down. But if you can't get out of your backyard without getting beat....I guess it will probably be Loudon or Redbank getting the invite!

I guess the bees can go back to being average at best!!:D

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Lol! That the best you got!?....already coming up with fake news and excuses:lol:

I was pulling for them sissy bees, so they would have to travel to the Tornado torture grounds for another 75 point beat down. But if you can't get out of your backyard without getting beat....I guess it will probably be Loudon or Redbank getting the invite!

Thats the stat that was thrown around last year. Is it not true? 30% is alot bro. 

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Little bit further than our backyard. At least we was able to handle our in county 6a brothers. Howd that go for Alcoa? Last time I checked you were the only team that took a beating in your own backyard lol. You better hope we dont get there you dont have that QB to save you this time...

The Board of Education unanimously approved a $21.7 million budget for general purpose school funds, up from $20.9 million this year.

Although the budget would raise tuition from $700 to $1,000, city of Alcoa employees, including those of the school district, pay only half the amount for their children.

Currently, Alcoa City Schools has 408 nonresident students and 1,646 resident students, according to Tom Shamblin, director of finance. The tuition increase will raise an additional $108,000 in revenue

I would be willing to bet most of that 408 is at the high school. 

7 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

The Board of Education unanimously approved a $21.7 million budget for general purpose school funds, up from $20.9 million this year.

Although the budget would raise tuition from $700 to $1,000, city of Alcoa employees, including those of the school district, pay only half the amount for their children.

Currently, Alcoa City Schools has 408 nonresident students and 1,646 resident students, according to Tom Shamblin, director of finance. The tuition increase will raise an additional $108,000 in revenue

I would be willing to bet most of that 408 is at the high school. 

What does any of this matter if the rules allow it??

8 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

It doesnt. And it shouldnt be allowed. No idea how you fix it. But its the direct reason for their success. 

Keep whining sissy boy!:roflolk:

Open zone! 90+% of the schools have it. Use it.

Upperman needs to get onboard. Maybe then, they'd have the money coming in to fix that cat litter box they call a football field! Worst field, Ive seen. Sad.

One last thing.......take open zone away from all TN teams. Alcoa would drop to 2A and continue to hammer teams. Fact. :thumb:

So, keep hating! It brings pure joy to me that it gets to you so bad! Yeah!

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

How many open zone school systems allow students from outside the county to attend??

I believe most only allow students who live within their own county to go to different schools within that county.

Please correct me if I am wrong here because I may be but Alcoa does allow for students outside of Blount Co. to attend correct?? 

I do not begrudge any parent who chooses to do that because it is significantly cheaper than a private school and you are getting a solid education and athletic experience but to make it seem like every school system's open zone is the same is not fair when discussing this topic.

11 minutes ago, District12AA said:

How many open zone school systems allow students from outside the county to attend??

I believe most only allow students who live within their own county to go to different schools within that county.

Please correct me if I am wrong here because I may be but Alcoa does allow for students outside of Blount Co. to attend correct?? 

I do not begrudge any parent who chooses to do that because it is significantly cheaper than a private school and you are getting a solid education and athletic experience but to make it seem like every school system's open zone is the same is not fair when discussing this topic.

Almost all open zone school systems allow students from out of county or even out of state. 

• Like 1