AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

26 minutes ago, District12AA said:

Please correct me if I am wrong ....,...............system's open zone is the same is not fair when discussing this topic.

Ok......You're wrong. 

Privates schools can offer players FREE education to elite schools just for playing football. It's called scholarships.

Open Zone allow parents to PAY for the kids to choose a better school to attend,  even if it's for a better football program.  At Alcoa they also get one of the top academic public schools in the state. 

Build it and they will come!B)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

It doesnt. And it shouldnt be allowed. No idea how you fix it. But its the direct reason for their success. 

nope it's not the reason. the direct reason is the work the kids put in. There is a natural talent pool of athletes in the area, that helps. But it's the work the kids put in that have separated them from other programs.

for example, Alcoa has 17 state championships. 10 of those have come in the have come in the 13 yrs since Rankin has been there. that's not a coincidence. 

when people using open enrollment as an excuse, it takes away from the effort the kids put in.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Yup. Over 90% of all school systems are open zone. Even Upperman. I bet Cookeville would like some of their zoned players back from the honey bees! HA!

Except Upperman doesn't take players whom live outside of Putnam County. It is in there school board policy. 

You should be able to have a simple discussion about this issue and realize Alcoa's open zone and the majority of open zone schools in the state are not similar. Is it the main reason they have been so dominate for then last two decades? No, but it does play a factor.

https://tsbanet-my.sharepoint.com/personal/policy_tsba_net/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?id=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FPutnam County%2FMobile%2F6 Students%2F6204.pdf&parent=%2Fpersonal%2Fpolicy_tsba_net%2FDocuments%2FPutnam County%2FMobile%2F6 Students&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly90c2JhbmV0LW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpiOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL3BvbGljeV90c2JhX25ldC9FY2xNLTNKMDRIOUxzX2djWXpMcU5GY0JCRUlMcGdBaEJsZlJUX01KMV8xRHVnP3J0aW1lPV9SQlhuSHhLMTBn

2 hours ago, District12AA said:

I will politely disagree with you on this point. Most open zone schools will allow students within the same county to go to a different school within the county. 

Yes we will have to politely disagree. And you are correct most open zone school systems will allow students to transfer with in the county. But they also allow them from out of county and state as well. There are a few that allow them in county only just like there are a few completely closed zone school systems. But the vast majority allow it. Most people on these boards know my background. I have many years as a teacher and administrator in on this. 

22 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Ok. I’ll take your word for it. What rule did they break??

Didnt say they broke a rule....I guess its all on the up and up...Just get tired of hearing them crow about how great they are when it is driven by am advantage most teams dont have. Especially the non metro areas. I guess its normal in knoxville to move around like that. 

4 hours ago, Selena said:

Well a good coach can coach talent any day but a great coach will take what they have and coach them up.  Fulton is a great example. Fulton is not getting everybody else’s kids anymore. 

Thats the way it should be tssaa needs to cap out of county numbers. If its your coaching and youth program it shouldnt matter. 

21 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Ok......You're wrong. 

Privates schools can offer players FREE education to elite schools just for playing football. It's called scholarships.

Open Zone allow parents to PAY for the kids to choose a better school to attend,  even if it's for a better football program.  At Alcoa they also get one of the top academic public schools in the state. 

Build it and they will come!B)

Facts