AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

Lol deflecting like usual. Who cares if a baxter kid has a cookeville address? How is that relevant? You could live 2 miles from uhs and have a cookeville address. Kids from prescott going to upperman is completely irrelevant. The only one example anyone can bring up is one girl whose dad was a police officer in cookeville. The debate I was having was a school that pushes 30% of its students are out of COUNTY students for the reading impaired. No one cares how good notre dame a private school did against a small rural school. You should win lol. But you lost 33% of the time. Lol. So does any other schools in 3a push 30% out of county students? Or Is this unique to Alcoa? 

1 hour ago, MadHatter1 said:

Lol deflecting like usual. Who cares if a baxter kid has a cookeville address? How is that relevant? You could live 2 miles from uhs and have a cookeville address. Kids from prescott going to upperman is completely irrelevant. The only one example anyone can bring up is one girl whose dad was a police officer in cookeville. The debate I was having was a school that pushes 30% of its students are out of COUNTY students for the reading impaired. No one cares how good notre dame a private school did against a small rural school. You should win lol. But you lost 33% of the time. Lol. So does any other schools in 3a push 30% out of county students? Or Is this unique to Alcoa? 

tenor.gif.a9a55ed7713b930c9b6790c6b57778c2.gif

..........BTW, this goat is from Prescott and lives on the Upperman football field!!....but that completely irrelevant! HA!

2 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Lol .............. No one cares how good notre dame a private school did against a small rural school. You should win lol. But you lost 33% of the time. Lol. ....

so Hatter goes from tellin Booger how the Irish got sent packin with their tales tuck between their legs after Baxter beats them in 2013 by 9 points..... and also tells Booger how bad the Irish been since the new division and havin to play at the Irish's own level.....

.....Hatter gets sit in a corner with Hatters donut hooks on his knees......and given a little harsh reality check and schoolin by the Booger....and the tune Hatter was singin changes from Baxters win in 2013 to who cares how bad the Irish were whoopin Baxter in 2014-15

....son.....u got to figure out which tune u wanta sing and quit diggin yourself so deep u cant climb out

Booger just sayin 9ba5952b8dafb6e40d576f9119121822_w200.gi

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just want to clarify something on this thread. There is no such thing as an open zone school. Only open zone school systems. The whole system must be open or closed zone. A system can not pic and choose schools within its own system. 

Yes, Putnam County is open zone. High schools are Upperman, Cookeville, and Monterey. Talk is that another high school on the south end of Cookeville will happen in the next couple of years. High school students can pick any of them to go to.

3 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

Deflecting? I'm just stating irrefutable facts.  I'm not getting in a debate, just describing the landscape to our friends outside of the Upper Cumberland. You're acting like every kid that goes to Upperman is picking their teeth on a rocker on their back porch in  good ole Baxter. My point is that the lines are blurred. Baxter runs into Cookeville thus Cookeville kids go to Upperman. I'm not sure how Prescott situation is irrelevant? About the whole starting 5 come from there, and Prescott is a feeder for Cookeville. There are other examples in addition to the large "dad is a cop" example for out of county (other Overton, Clay, etc).  I'm simply pointing out that Upperman benefits from an open zone system within the most populated county in the Upper Cumberland. Good, bad, or indifferent. 

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just want to clarify something on this thread. There is no such thing as an open zone school. Only open zone school systems. The whole system must be open or closed zone. A system can not pic and choose schools within its own system. 

I am sorry but you are not as well versed in this topic as you make it out to seem. A system can pick and choose schools that are open zone within their counties.

https://www.wcs.edu/infocus/2019/03/open-zoned-schools-approved-for-2019-20-school-year/

3 hours ago, District12AA said:

I am sorry but you are not as well versed in this topic as you make it out to seem. A system can pick and choose schools that are open zone within their counties.

https://www.wcs.edu/infocus/2019/03/open-zoned-schools-approved-for-2019-20-school-year/

Well here’s the problem with that sparky. Take a look at their board policy. The policy does not define specific schools. The policy is the determining factor. Technically you are correct though and I will give you that. I should have been more specific. 

BCsportsfan that my friend is the difference. You guys "open zone" consists of out of county people paying $1,000 to come to school there. Our "open zone" consists of inside the county. We still can't play for Upperman one year and Cookeville the next unless you change dwellings.  There is a big difference in one being open zoned to people out of the county and one being open zoned to people in the county. We do not have a big city away from us like Knoxville 20 minutes away like you guys do that we grab really good players from. If we charged 1,000 to all the kids from Overton County and White County and the rest of the surrounding counties both Cookeville and Upperman could put teams on the field that could compete with you on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, 32hammer said:

nope it's not the reason. the direct reason is the work the kids put in. There is a natural talent pool of athletes in the area, that helps. But it's the work the kids put in that have separated them from other programs.

for example, Alcoa has 17 state championships. 10 of those have come in the have come in the 13 yrs since Rankin has been there. that's not a coincidence. 

when people using open enrollment as an excuse, it takes away from the effort the kids put in.

I didn't see Rankin win a State Championship at Smith County was there?  He didn't win one until he went to Riverdale a bigger Metropolis like Murfreesboro with Nashville and Antioch and Smyrna right down the road and then he moves to Alcoa with a big Metropolis like Knoxville.  See the similarities don't think that any of those kids in Murfreesboro or Alcoa put in anymore work  than Smith County boys do. If you think so you have never run the hill in Carthage. It all comesdown to having a big talent pool to choose from and just like at Upperman and Smith County rural country schools you cant do that at these schools and be as competitive year in and year out.