AP 3A POLL

CHARGERFAN

21 hours ago, daddymacvols said:

I didn't see Rankin win a State Championship at Smith County was there?  He didn't win one until he went to Riverdale a bigger Metropolis like Murfreesboro with Nashville and Antioch and Smyrna right down the road and then he moves to Alcoa with a big Metropolis like Knoxville.  See the similarities don't think that any of those kids in Murfreesboro or Alcoa put in anymore work  than Smith County boys do. If you think so you have never run the hill in Carthage. It all comesdown to having a big talent pool to choose from and just like at Upperman and Smith County rural country schools you cant do that at these schools and be as competitive year in and year out.

He moved to Alcoa after they started zoning murfreesboro. Killing their ability to take in transfers. 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:04 AM, daddymacvols said:

I didn't see Rankin win a State Championship at Smith County was there?  He didn't win one until he went to Riverdale a bigger Metropolis like Murfreesboro with Nashville and Antioch and Smyrna right down the road and then he moves to Alcoa with a big Metropolis like Knoxville.  See the similarities don't think that any of those kids in Murfreesboro or Alcoa put in anymore work  than Smith County boys do. If you think so you have never run the hill in Carthage. It all comesdown to having a big talent pool to choose from and just like at Upperman and Smith County rural country schools you cant do that at these schools and be as competitive year in and year out.

He wasn't at Smith county very long but I thi k he might have had an undefeated regular season there.

no doubt Alcoa has a homegrown talent pool. several local NFL players born in the small town when the school was about 300 students.

But I'm comfortable saying the Alcoa kids out work kids at other schools. They have to. the competition  for every starting spot is so high, they have to put in extra work.  The extra work by itself would make 95 percent of hs football players puke or quit. 

1 hour ago, 32hammer said:

He wasn't at Smith county very long but I thi k he might have had an undefeated regular season there.

no doubt Alcoa has a homegrown talent pool. several local NFL players born in the small town when the school was about 300 students.

But I'm comfortable saying the Alcoa kids out work kids at other schools. They have to. the competition  for every starting spot is so high, they have to put in extra work.  The extra work by itself would make 95 percent of hs football players puke or quit. 

Guarantee they dont out work uhs. Lol. They may have better talent. But no way they put in more work than the boys at uhs. It is not possible. 

On 10/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, daddymacvols said:

BCsportsfan that my friend is the difference. You guys "open zone" consists of out of county people paying $1,000 to come to school there. Our "open zone" consists of inside the county. We still can't play for Upperman one year and Cookeville the next unless you change dwellings.  There is a big difference in one being open zoned to people out of the county and one being open zoned to people in the county. We do not have a big city away from us like Knoxville 20 minutes away like you guys do that we grab really good players from. If we charged 1,000 to all the kids from Overton County and White County and the rest of the surrounding counties both Cookeville and Upperman could put teams on the field that could compete with you on a regular basis. 

Get with the program scooter! Open zone is legal with the TSSAA!

On 10/9/2019 at 11:04 AM, daddymacvols said:

I did see Alcoa winning state championships before Rankin! Lots of them!

• Upvote 1