2019 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised, partly because I had (have still) high expectations of Siegel, though the injury bug runs strong in that program right now. But I am also surprised because I saw Blackman a number of times during the preseason in multiple contexts, and while impressed with their potential, was surprised at how many errors they were making. Dumb errors, not physical ones, but sometimes those are harder to fix.

Good for them. 2019 could be a real shakeup year.

This is the year of the bizarre...Franklin takes Ravenwood to 5 sets tonight. I’ve seen Franklin play a few times this year and wasn’t really impressed. They have 1-2 players and that’s it...but, they are finding a way to win. This is only their 2nd loss on the year. They got beat by Hume Fogg last weekend. 

Big girl battle happened tonight between Brentwood and Ravenwood.  The Bruins were gracious hostesses by giving the lady Raptors the first two sets before deciding this was their house and taking the last 3 sets for a hard fought victory.

All seriousness, Brentwood did not give Ravenwood a thing in the first two sets, Ravenwood was the better team by a lot to win those.  

12 hours ago, TeeterTot said:

Big girl battle happened tonight between Brentwood and Ravenwood.  The Bruins were gracious hostesses by giving the lady Raptors the first two sets before deciding this was their house and taking the last 3 sets for a hard fought victory.

All seriousness, Brentwood did not give Ravenwood a thing in the first two sets, Ravenwood was the better team by a lot to win those.  

Sounds like it was a battle. Gonna be interesting to watch them play it out. They’ll probably end up playing at least 3-4 more times this season, right?

Rockstar, I saw Franklin at one of the play days, and I agree, there isn't much there. I was still surprised they were winning games, but figured that was a combination of an easy schedule and some smoke and mirrors. They dropped another to Summit the other day, so maybe they're back to reality.

In fact, the whole district is down, same with 7. Made the point in the other thread (and I still believe it) that Brentwood isn't Brentwood-As-Usual this year, but maybe they / you don't have to be.