2019 AAA Discussion

Rockstar89

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all the ladies who have qualified for state.  They'll remember this for the rest of their lives.  

Cookeville surprised me in a good way.  Dobyns Bennett could make some waves.  Ravenwood is limping into State.  Brentwood is healthy and extremely motivated to win a state record 7th consecutive state championship.  Cleveland coach is pumping up her team in the paper, I like it but literally, dont poke the bruin because the ladies Bruins read the article and are hoping for a second round game with Cleveland now.  

In the preseason I predicted a Brentwood/Houston final but Collierville and DB make me hesitate to pick Houston.  Brentwood 3-0 over Houston in the finals.

First, congratulations to Houston. Strong team that represented their school extremely well and the parents/fans were nothing but great.  

Congratulations to the lady Bruins for their 7th consecutive state championship and Coach Campbell's 15th.  Houston gave them everything they had, and it was a lot.  This was an absolute team win.  The setter (Piper), the lone senior on this team, was named MVP and well deserved.  The two middles (Oldham sisters) played amazingly and the right (Hollye) was a force on the right side all game long. 

GO BRUINS  

45 minutes ago, Apostle said:

Yes, congratulations to both Brentwood and Germantown Houston players, coaches and fans on an excellent State tournament and final match.  Both groups have much to be proud of.

TT - an amazing prediction so long ago re: the two teams that would play for the AAA State Championship.

The official Championship match  statistics  "bear" out your assessment- 4 Bruin players with double digit kills led by the RS and MH from a kill % and efficiency standpoint.

4 Bruin players with double digit dig totals led by the Libero who recorded 34 digs in an epic 5 set semi-final match vs Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett and 28 digs in the State Championship.  

And, the Setter had one heckuva 4 match tournament run - unofficially, 39, 42 and 63 assists in the first three matches and officially 55 assists in the championship match - MVP worthy.  Also, the young lady will serve her country joining the US Army and playing volleyball for the service academy after graduation - a great story.

Correct, Piper is a great story and very better person.  The US Army is lucky to receive such a fine young lady.

Thanks Apostle but it was pretty noticeable during the pre season play days.  Houston was a huge team that was missing just one, maybe two more pieces.

Help me out, where can I see the stats? 

• 2 months later...

Congrats to these ladies for being recognized as ALL-STATE by the Tennessee Sports Writers Association.

CLASS AAA

OH: Shaye Eggleston, Brentwood, Jr.

OH: Ashllyn King, Blackman, Jr.

OH: Joy Douglass, Cleveland, Sr.

OH: Staley Humphries, Dobyns-Bennett, Sr.

OH: Jaycie Jenkins, Daniel Boone, Sr.

OH: Kennedy Shaw, Germantown Houston, Sr.

MH: Jillian Amsler, Franklin, Sr.

MH: Hannah Watson, Dobyns-Bennett, Sr.

MH: Jordan Jones, Germantown Houston, Sr.

S: Sophia Bossong, Siegel, Sr.

S: Piper Drazek, Brentwood, Sr.

S: Rachel McCollum, Collierville, So.

S: Carly Cooper, Ravenwood, Sr.

LIB: Haley Sanders, Brentwood, Jr.

LIB: Erica South, Cookeville, Sr.