COFFEE POT

RaiderPride84

I don’t want to talk about it. But I will. I’m more interested to see if CC will fight til the end. Last year against Tullahoma they quit in the 1st quarter.  CC showed some spunk and grit in the opener. Looked competitive for 3 quarters against FC only to unravel in the end. Multiple turnovers ( somewhat expected in a first game), but they did look like they knew where to lineup and also looked like they understood what they were trying to do on both sides of the ball. But again, they show promise in the 1st game most years only to return to old ways. How they respond this week will tell much more than last week. It’s easy to go with Tullahoma if for no other reason than they have John Olive. Closer than last year, but Tullahoma wins by 17. 

22 hours ago, PEARLBALL said:

I don’t want to talk about it. But I will. I’m more interested to see if CC will fight til the end. Last year against Tullahoma they quit in the 1st quarter.  CC showed some spunk and grit in the opener. Looked competitive for 3 quarters against FC only to unravel in the end. Multiple turnovers ( somewhat expected in a first game), but they did look like they knew where to lineup and also looked like they understood what they were trying to do on both sides of the ball. But again, they show promise in the 1st game most years only to return to old ways. How they respond this week will tell much more than last week. It’s easy to go with Tullahoma if for no other reason than they have John Olive. Closer than last year, but Tullahoma wins by 17. 

Tullahomas play calling was horrible last week vs Shelbyville.  Same plays over and over.  The QB would not step up into the pocket. Eyes on the line not down field.  Panic attack.   Plenty of times the running back has kicked out an overside DLineman and the QB trys to run around the kick out and not step up.  

The one thing I haven't seen from a Tullahoma team in a long time are kids that are above the team.

Tullahomas team came out after halftime vs. shelbyville they stretched and talked over things in the end zone before the third quarter started.  After they run to the sidelines here comes 12 ,22 and 2. (no coach or trainer was with them.  Just the 3 individuals)  They are 5 minutes late out of the locker room.  Taking their sweet time.  The first drive....crucial drive of the 3rd quarter and it failed.  Might need a reality check.  Coach Olive over the years would send a message to these 3.  Not sure that will happen now.  I think they are worried about a lot of show.  

Maybe Coffee has a chance!

15 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Tullahomas play calling was horrible last week vs Shelbyville.  Same plays over and over.  The QB would not step up into the pocket. Eyes on the line not down field.  Panic attack.   Plenty of times the running back has kicked out an overside DLineman and the QB trys to run around the kick out and not step up.  

The one thing I haven't seen from a Tullahoma team in a long time are kids that are above the team.

Tullahomas team came out after halftime vs. shelbyville they stretched and talked over things in the end zone before the third quarter started.  After they run to the sidelines here comes 12 ,22 and 2. (no coach or trainer was with them.  Just the 3 individuals)  They are 5 minutes late out of the locker room.  Taking their sweet time.  The first drive....crucial drive of the 3rd quarter and it failed.  Might need a reality check.  Coach Olive over the years would send a message to these 3.  Not sure that will happen now.  I think they are worried about a lot of show.  

Sounds like someone is upset their kid is not playing

after watching my rebels let the raiders hang around there was a big difference in endurance and plays from FC to coffee last Friday.  I think Tullahoma wins by two touchdowns going away in the second half.

17 hours ago, Cakeman said:

Any possibility the three all ate at the same place earlier in the day and had to 'sit' in the locker room extra time?  Better in there than ON the field.

I have seen that happen way too often over the years.  Only time it is funny is when the players barf on the refs shoes.  LOL

Complete domination from the Wildcats for 48 minutes in 35-0 win over Coffee County in 94th Coffee Pot contest. Senior Brian Nelms honored before the game by U.S. Marines Great American Rivalry Series, then after the game as MVP. Also named our MVP on the broadcast.

Wildcat defense held Red Raiders to 75 yards total offense, while racking up 440 yards themselves. Nelms had 12 carries for 125 yards, QB Fulton was 12-17 for 160 yards and 2 TD.

Region 4-4A play opens this week with Marshall County coming to Wilkins Stadium on THURSDAY night. If you can't make it to the game, listen on Rooster 101.5, or rooster1015.com, or the new Rooster Radio app. 

Who you got?