McKenzie @ Peabody

Goldenpride

On 9/2/2019 at 1:57 PM, PeabodyPride said:

Yeah if it wasnt for the Stangs having a huge following by their fan base the gates would be horrid !!! We play 2 Memphis schools this year so we at least have 2 home games that the gate amd concessions suffer, couldnt imagine having about every game that way !!!

Remember you are paying for busing for these Memphis schools and even feeding them after the games most of the time. That cuts into your money too. 

11 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Remember you are paying for busing for these Memphis schools and even feeding them after the games most of the time. That cuts into your money too. 

For sure but I gotta be honest all those Memphis teams are some good kids that deserve it !! Mitchell Sheffiled MAHS the list goes on never bad kids and always stay classy..

1 minute ago, PeabodyPride said:

For sure but I gotta be honest all those Memphis teams are some good kids that deserve it !! Mitchell Sheffiled MAHS the list goes on never bad kids and always stay classy..

Yep. They deserve better than what they get. They should have good facilities, nice equipment and wonderful community support as well. But instead they get shipped all over West TN with hand me down equipment and more players on the field than supporters in the stands. And what do they have to show for.... a few slices of papa johns. They deserve so much more. 

54 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yep. They deserve better than what they get. They should have good facilities, nice equipment and wonderful community support as well. But instead they get shipped all over West TN with hand me down equipment and more players on the field than supporters in the stands. And what do they have to show for.... a few slices of papa johns. They deserve so much more. 

Our softball girls hosted Oakhaven (regional tournament) on the night that we formally introduced our boys basketball coach to the public ( meal and cake )… after our girls provided some of the players with GLOVES, the team with BATS, and we won by an embarrassingly large margin, their girls were invited in for the festivities. I have never felt so bad for watching an OUTSTANDING group of young ladies have a ball. They stayed for over an hour, allowing myself and most everyone else there the opportunity to have several conversations with them. It's an awfully hollow feeling to witness firsthand how cheerful, talkative and polite they were, how deserving of a better situation, and knowing there's nothing that you can do to help. The best thing I saw that night was that after getting to know their team, some of our girls were teary eyed after they boarded their bus... there's no doubt that our kids gained an appreciation for their own school and the community that supports it that couldn't have been taught in any other manner.

6 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Our softball girls hosted Oakhaven (regional tournament) on the night that we formally introduced our boys basketball coach to the public ( meal and cake )… after our girls provided some of the players with GLOVES, the team with BATS, and we won by an embarrassingly large margin, their girls were invited in for the festivities. I have never felt so bad for watching an OUTSTANDING group of young ladies have a ball. They stayed for over an hour, allowing myself and most everyone else there the opportunity to have several conversations with them. It's an awfully hollow feeling to witness firsthand how cheerful, talkative and polite they were, how deserving of a better situation, and knowing there's nothing that you can do to help. The best thing I saw that night was that after getting to know their team, some of our girls were teary eyed after they boarded their bus... there's no doubt that our kids gained an appreciation for their own school and the community that supports it that couldn't have been taught in any other manner.

This is exactly why as a teacher it is so important that ALL of your kids know you love them. They may not all have a lot but your love and knowing you care is priceless to them.