Waverly travels to Hickman County

Wavo2004

3 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Kinda like what Hickman done to Waverly for years. Racked up those wins! I only recall Hickman playing Camden twice and each team got a win. Have you seen Lawrence or Harpeth play this year? If not how can you say Camden is better. 

Film   and http://camdenlions.com/golions2013/?p=479

You guys were 5-0 that year we were 2-3...we had actually played good teams

You will see how much better we are after Friday i already know

Edited by Beagle

37 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Saying we didn’t play good teams those two year is a double edge for you since Camden was in district and their was 9 teams. So we had the same opponents besides two. Good try! 

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

23 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Saying we didn’t play good teams those two year is a double edge for you since Camden was in district and their was 9 teams. So we had the same opponents besides two. Good try! 

That’s the year both of yall lost to Waverly I believe it was McConnell first yr. Waverly beat Hickman by 21 points in the regular season and Hickman come back in the second round to Waverly and put a whooping on us. Waverly has beat Camden 5 out of the last 6 years and 5-1 against Hickman in the past 5 years. If I’m thinking correctly.

Edited by vandyfan1

6 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

That’s the year both of yall lost to Waverly I believe it was McConnell first yr. Waverly beat Hickman by 21 points in the regular season and Hickman come back in the second round to Waverly and put a whooping on us. Waverly has beat Camden 5 out of the last 6 years and 5-1 against Hickman in the past 5 years. If I’m thinking correctly.

First year wasn’t but the second year it was McConnell first season there. Wish Hickman would get back to playing that type of ball but I doubt it will happen under the current coach. If I remember correct Hickman was 8-1 against Waverly before McConnell. It’s amazing how McConnell changed that program so quick. Says a lot about him as a coach and a lot about the previous coach. 

Edited by Bulldogfan24

49 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

First year wasn’t but the second year it was McConnell first season there. Wish Hickman would get back to playing that type of ball but I doubt it will happen under the current coach. If I remember correct Hickman was 8-1 against Waverly before McConnell. It’s amazing how McConnell changed that program so quick. Says a lot about him as a coach and a lot about the previous coach. 

Previous coach did good at the Jr. High level. McConnell is a good coach seemed to get out coached in the playoffs at times but all in all he is a pretty good one. Hopefully Randal can get the program back on track. McConnells first yr was in 2014

Edited by vandyfan1

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Sounds about right..we won the district that year too. Ya'll laid that goofy loss at Lewis County at the end of a game you lead by 20? then lost to Fairview 

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

Was ya'll coach Swenson who is at huntingdon now?

49 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Previous coach did good at the Jr. High level. McConnell is a good coach seemed to get out coached in the playoffs at times but all in all he is a pretty good one. Hopefully Randal can get the program back on track. McConnells first yr was in 2014

Yeah. But I was point out 2013 and 2014 seasons when we played Camden to Beagle. Who said we didn't scheduled tough opponents during that time. But had 8 of the same opponents as him. We also played Wayne County during that time and he can ask Huntington how tough and good they were during that time. 

9 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

We had already  played Huntingdon Fairview  Lewis   and S,Gibson who was 9-1 that year... but it was only 5 weeks in.. So we had in fact played good teams at that time of the season and yall had  not played  Waverly  FairView us... so no not a double edged sword at all.  Ya'll had a  good team back then  but nothing that stuck fear into us. 

Edited by Beagle

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Was ya'll coach Swenson who is at huntingdon now?

Swenson was here from 2005-2007. He turned our program around and left for Huntingdon, which is my understanding where he’s wife was from. We’ve had 3 coaches since him. The other good coach we had was Rewis. He was very discipline and made his teams tough. The one good year (2014) so far with our coach now I give credit to Rewis. At times I do like Harrison’s play calling because he mixes it up. But his teams are not conditioned and disciplined enough to Rewis standards. We’ve had a lot leads in the first half and get blown out in second. We should have won the Lawrence County game but we got holding penalty after hold penalty and a few unsportsmanlike penalties in the 4th quarter. 

11 minutes ago, Beagle said:

We had already  played Huntingdon Fairview  Lewis   and S,Gibson who was 9-1 that year... but it was only 5 weeks in.. So we had in fact played good teams at that time of the season and yall had  not played  Waverly  FairView us... so no not a double edged sword at all.  Ya'll had a  good team back then  but nothing that stuck fear into us. 

Yeah that 9-1 South Gibson team got beat by 4-6 East Hickman. And the falling year got beat by us. I wouldn’t count them as a good team. Both in the first round of the playoffs. I say the Wayne County teams those years were better than Huntingdon. Yes it’s double edge sword. Same opponents but two. Accept it!