Waverly travels to Hickman County

Wavo2004

On 9/6/2019 at 11:41 PM, Swarm said:

I reckon so. I have no idea what to expect either. I'd be interested to hear what some Hickman County people think. We played them in a 2 quarter jamboree week before season started. 

This for sure isn't the Waverly of the past 4-5 years. The game was really close 3 mins into the 3rd quarter, 12-14 Waverly and 7 of Waverly's points were off a blocked punt on our side of the field. First half I felt like Hickman played better than Waverly but I liked said many of times our coach does a poor job making adjustments at half. We've had a lot of halftime leads and be blown out in the second half. Even someone close to the coach said Hickman comes out and plays terrible in the second half and that falls on the coach in my opinion. I'm not saying Hickman has great players but I've seen what we can be when we do have a coach that can take our players to the next with well disciple and off season program. Good job to Waverly on your first win of the season. 

Edited by Bulldogfan24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

This for sure isn't the Waverly of the past 4-5 years. The game was really close 3 mins into the 3rd quarter, 12-14 Waverly and 7 of Waverly's points were off a blocked punt on our side of the field. First half I felt like Hickman played better than Waverly but I liked said many of times our coach does a poor job making adjustments at half. We've had a lot of halftime leads and be blown out in the second half. Even someone close to the coach said Hickman comes out and plays terrible in the second half and that falls on the coach in my opinion. I'm not saying Hickman has great players but I've seen what we can be when we do have a coach that can take our players to the next with well disciple and off season program. Good job to Waverly on your first win of the season. 

Hopefully you guys will get things clicking for 4 quarters soon. 

How do you see Fairview vs Waverly going based on seeing us both? 

Just now, Swarm said:

Hopefully you guys will get things clicking for 4 quarters soon. 

How do you see Fairview vs Waverly going based on seeing us both? 

I didn't see the scrimmage verse Fairview. So I really can't say. What I know about the past Fairview teams this game could be very close or Fairview by a couple of touchdowns. Waverly's secondary is their weak spot. Didn't really notice it in the Hickman game but when Swenson throws the ball 7 times against them that says something about that unit. Huntingdon rarely throws the ball. 4 completions for 141 yards. Hickman just doesn't have the offensive style to throw the ball. Are ya'll passing the ball much this year? I know Hughes like to run the spread. 

5 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

I didn't see the scrimmage verse Fairview. So I really can't say. What I know about the past Fairview teams this game could be very close or Fairview by a couple of touchdowns. Waverly's secondary is their weak spot. Didn't really notice it in the Hickman game but when Swenson throws the ball 7 times against them that says something about that unit. Huntingdon rarely throws the ball. 4 completions for 141 yards. Hickman just doesn't have the offensive style to throw the ball. Are ya'll passing the ball much this year? I know Hughes like to run the spread. 

We have thrown it less this year than in recent years but am thinking we'll throw it alot more this week. Especially based on what I'm hearing about Waverlys secondary. I figure Hughes will try to force Waverly to keep up with us on offense rather than play them in a phone booth all night. 

15 hours ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

You are correct on the analysis of the first half but we did have a touchdown called back for a taunting flag that was thrown after the touchdown was scored and 20 yards from the play. I didn't understand some of Hickman's play calling or adjustments after halftime or the lack of. I did see a fire in our team in the second half that hasn't been there this far. We have to start and finish games that way and clean up dumb mistakes. Good luck to y'all the rest of the season.