Trousdale at Watertown, region title?

Cam615

17 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Having a director / super of schools interfering constantly and fans that are all hall of fame coaches judging your every move will do it as well! 

Yes, it will but a 100K pay raise will also do it. Waggoner knew what he was getting into and the noise from outside didn't get to him. Why wouldn't you ask a Hall of Fame coach to help you? It's coach satt job to judge every move when he is the boss and the director of schools. That had nothing to do with Waggoner taking another job it was all about a major jump in pay.

3 hours ago, RTD said:

Yes, it will but a 100K pay raise will also do it. Waggoner knew what he was getting into and the noise from outside didn't get to him. Why wouldn't you ask a Hall of Fame coach to help you? It's coach satt job to judge every move when he is the boss and the director of schools. That had nothing to do with Waggoner taking another job it was all about a major jump in pay.

Nice post RTD,

4 hours ago, RTD said:

Believe what you want to believe, but happy employees aren’t looking for other jobs and true leaders don’t need chaperones!

Either way you all and the head chief in TC got what you wanted and I bet your old coach is   a lot happier now too!

Everyone’s a winner.... Well except TC on the football field! LMAO

Edited by H2Oman
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, H2Oman said:

Believe what you want to believe, but happy employees aren’t looking for other jobs and true leaders don’t need chaperones!

Either way you all and the head chief in TC got what you wanted and I bet your old coach is   a lot happier now too!

Everyone’s a winner.... Well except TC on the football field! LMAO

Facts are it’s like a 35/40k pee year difference and he stated last week he missed hartsville 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pujo said:

A Whole lot more and I'd say 90 percent of fans  couldn't coach a good flag team. The game of football has evolved . Ive heard it a million times,they only run up the middle or the outside, I've never figured out where else they could run it.  People don't understand different formations,blocking schemes ect. I've never met many fans that couldn't  do it better. lol

Not to nitpick a comment that is correct.

But when I hear fans say that they are generally talking about passing the ball because the running game isn't working. But generally if you are unable to run the ball then the passing game isn't gonna fair any better results.

I was at the Lebanon vs Station Camp game last year and the SC fans were all over the coaching staff. "Turn the playbook to page two!" and "Do we have a 3rd play we can run!" were some of the colorful comments I heard yelled at their coaches. Because they were generally just running 3 times and losing yards only to punt. Rinse and repeat.

But their offensive line was getting crushed. The Quarterback would have got killed trying to pass the ball. They just were overmatched.

But I think that fans just want to see teams try different things if something isn't working.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Not to nitpick a comment that is correct.

But when I hear fans say that they are generally talking about passing the ball because the running game isn't working. But generally if you are unable to run the ball then the passing game isn't gonna fair any better results.

I was at the Lebanon vs Station Camp game last year and the SC fans were all over the coaching staff. "Turn the playbook to page two!" and "Do we have a 3rd play we can run!" were some of the colorful comments I heard yelled at their coaches. Because they were generally just running 3 times and losing yards only to punt. Rinse and repeat.

But their offensive line was getting crushed. The Quarterback would have got killed trying to pass the ball. They just were overmatched.

But I think that fans just want to see teams try different things if something isn't working.

Both true statements and I agree completely.  Fans are gonna be fans.  What is funny though is seeing people interject comments for their home team or any other team that think they know this or that or think that someone is talking about their own kid or someone else's kid, when they are wrong most of the time.  They are hearing a lot and speaking mostly in general terms because of what they think they see or want to see.  Funny how those that hail themselves Kings or Queens of whatever most likely spent most of their football career watching more football from the sidelines than from the actual playing field until Jr or Sr year and under circumstances......and that makes them the smarter of the opinion based masses.  Bottom line is that yes, fans are going to be fans, parents parents, grandparents grandparents, and kids kids.   If there is a coach out there anywhere that takes any of this seriously on these opinion pages, not really sure they are in the right line of work.  Matter of fact, doubt most that are worth their salt would even entertain looking at this stuff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tigertweets said:

Both true statements and I agree completely.  Fans are gonna be fans.  What is funny though is seeing people interject comments for their home team or any other team that think they know this or that or think that someone is talking about their own kid or someone else's kid, when they are wrong most of the time.  They are hearing a lot and speaking mostly in general terms because of what they think they see or want to see.  Funny how those that hail themselves Kings or Queens of whatever most likely spent most of their football career watching more football from the sidelines than from the actual playing field until Jr or Sr year and under circumstances......and that makes them the smarter of the opinion based masses.  Bottom line is that yes, fans are going to be fans, parents parents, grandparents grandparents, and kids kids.   If there is a coach out there anywhere that takes any of this seriously on these opinion pages, not really sure they are in the right line of work.  Matter of fact, doubt most that are worth their salt would even entertain looking at this stuff.

I have known a couple coaches that come on here and read (not post) from time to time. But even that is mostly after the season is over, coaching searches or if something major is happening off the field.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:21 AM, SEVEN said:

Unfortunately that's part of the job... always has been. Blake knew what he was getting into. I highly doubt he's read this thread, but I know for a fact that he don't give two craps what anybody on the other side of the fence thinks... especially the ones that have never even played the game. 

Pro Tip TC fans: If I wanted a cheerleader's opinion, I'd just ask a cheerleader. If you haven't shed blood for this program, maybe you should just read and not type. Pretty sure I get dumber every time I log on. 

poty nominee

• Upvote 1