USJ Bruins vs TCA Bushwhackers

Kublah

8 hours ago, Intense said:

Fishing season is closed!

Fishing season is never closed. Sounds like your buddy made some statements that he doesn’t want to stand behind now. Even you must admit that when TCA loses a game 95% of the time he has something bad to say about the other guys. Diamond Dave deserves better than poor old Stan. Of course I’m just shaking the bush 8-)

Edited by Tnfootball1234
  • Upvote 1

On 9/10/2019 at 11:13 PM, Tnfootball1234 said:

Fishing season is never closed. Sounds like your buddy made some statements that he doesn’t want to stand behind now. Even you must admit that when TCA loses a game 95% of the time he has something bad to say about the other guys. Diamond Dave deserves better than poor old Stan. Of course I’m just shaking the bush 8-)

Man I hope not. IF he called a bunch of kids classless that would be unfortunate to say the least. 

I have thought long and hard on how I wanted to respond to this post. To at least two of those posters who are making comments and did not listen to the game, your thoughts on what happened and what was said are irrelevant. With that being said, certain acts that were committed towards the very end of the game were commented on by both individuals in the broadcast Press Box. I had the opportunity to review videotape of that game which was taken by the USJ videographer. I watched the last few minutes several times to review the incidents, of which there were several, that took place both on and off the field during the game and after the game. Yes, certain comments were said by both of us in the broadcast booth that night. Upon review of the incidents that were on video tape taken by USJ, I stand behind what both of us said during the game. The video tape simply DOES NOT LIE! It actually revealed more than what I personally commented on. I am not going to break down each incident because that would mean I would have to call out individual players for their actions and I'm not going to do that here. It is simply not worth it. This will be my only post in response to what happened. I really don't expect any of you to believe me. However, I will leave you with this thought. Dead men tell no Tales, and videotape does not lie. 

Your comments are disappointing but expected.  I have also look at the video and nothing was done on or off the field that justified you and your partners actions.  I was hoping that you would take the high road and apologize for making those comments.  You are correct on one thing, that no one believes you.   Again what a joke.

In no way am I defending anyone. I also broadcast games. I have said something stupid in the past and had to issue and apology. Its a hard thing to do but, I was in the wrong and should not have said what I did. With that being said football brings out the emotions in everyone. We all seem to over analyze and sometimes let our emotions get the best of us. 

Personally, when a losing team starts to cry about this or that it makes them look really silly and childish. I have seen time and time again unfortunately. 

What is wrong with just saying " good game " y'all are better than us right now and good luck the the rest of the season? I call it being a piss poor sport. The silliness seems to be worse at the private schools. 

The last time we played TCA my comments were nothing but positive, and enriching to their program. I complimented facilities, field, players, coaches, and fans. Somehow in my shower of compliments I get accused of throwing an " underhanded jab " at their program. I said " can not believe they left their starters in when we were up so big ( why risk injury to starters? ) "

Seems to me often times people become keyboard cowboys when they hide behind the internet...

Just my 2 cents. 

36 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

In no way am I defending anyone. I also broadcast games. I have said something stupid in the past and had to issue and apology. Its a hard thing to do but, I was in the wrong and should not have said what I did. With that being said football brings out the emotions in everyone. We all seem to over analyze and sometimes let our emotions get the best of us. 

Personally, when a losing team starts to cry about this or that it makes them look really silly and childish. I have seen time and time again unfortunately. 

What is wrong with just saying " good game " y'all are better than us right now and good luck the the rest of the season? I call it being a piss poor sport. The silliness seems to be worse at the private schools. 

The last time we played TCA my comments were nothing but positive, and enriching to their program. I complimented facilities, field, players, coaches, and fans. Somehow in my shower of compliments I get accused of throwing an " underhanded jab " at their program. I said " can not believe they left their starters in when we were up so big ( why risk injury to starters? ) "

Seems to me often times people become keyboard cowboys when they hide behind the internet...

Just my 2 cents. 

I dont hide. And I aint No cowboy. You had an underhanded jab about our starters being in. You said it was to pad stats. Your to stupid to realize and to look at the sidelines to see there are not enough kids to have a second team. Plus when you are getting ready for region play and the game is out of hand why not try something new to see if it works. Oh I guess That is why we went to the wildcat the next game because we were able to try it in the blow out. You try to come off high and mighty with knowledge and good sportsmanship. It’s easy when you are undefeated. Man plz. Go post on your thread.  

Just now, BigEdMo said:

I dont hide. And I aint No cowboy. You had an underhanded jab about our starters being in. You said it was to pad stats. Your to stupid to realize and to look at the sidelines to see there are not enough kids to have a second team. Plus when you are getting ready for region play and the game is out of hand why not try something new to see if it works. Oh I guess That is why we went to the wildcat the next game because we were able to try it in the blow out. You try to come off high and mighty with knowledge and good sportsmanship. It’s easy when you are undefeated. Man plz. Go post on your thread.  

And as long as Steven rich is reading this, this has nothing to do with being a sore loser about a ball game. You made an underhanded jab that we put a player back in the game to pad stats. You commented on something that you knew nothing about. Just like in this discussion you make a comment and you don't have a clue. Please get off this thread Get Your Game notes together jump on Highway 412 and head the Alamo for your game tonight and stay out of what you don't know about

• CoachT locked this topic