Marion vs Polk

Football54

On 9/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, ElGuerreroMorado said:

MC has to win this one,   

Wonder if that big throne that everyone has Mathis on is starting to get warm yet?  May have to shave that scraggly beard and move on if he can't get it done against Polk.

With his Silver Tongue he'll have all of em around the Jailhouse believing 3 wins is way above average!!! 

On 9/2/2019 at 1:48 AM, ValleyTroll said:

Marion 42 Polk 7

Polk Co is a really bad football team. Its so sad to see that program that had so much pride and grit be turned into what it is now. Alumni can’t be happy with the product that’s being put on the field. Go Wildcats.

It really is kind of sad to see. I remember those teams Polk had in the mid-2000s and up through 2013 - very dominant. 

We are starting to play awesome. We came very close to beating a very good team that is 3A and a lot bigger than us. Coach Mathis had several new plays in the game last Friday that worked to perfection. I have been telling you that when Coach Mathis uses his new plays they usually work. It was great to watch the team work and competitive spirit last Friday by our team. He could have used another new play on the two point try but he wanted to save them. The sportsmanship and integrity our kids play with is something to behold. Listen to your coaches this week and continue to pick each other up and the sky will be the limit. This team is going to be unstoppable in the not far away future. What can I say about my boy Taye. He was a one man wrecking crew last week. My boy Alex was all over that field on defense too. Coach Mathis did a great job of getting our athletes some new plays that worked to PERFECTION! We will win this week over Polk by as much as Coach Mathis wants to win by. We will not see any new plays for this game. He will be saving them for Pitchburg and Tyner. It's a great day to be a warrior! I am proud to be a Marion County Warrior!

FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

30 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

We are starting to play awesome. We came very close to beating a very good team that is 3A and a lot bigger than us. Coach Mathis had several new plays in the game last Friday that worked to perfection. I have been telling you that when Coach Mathis uses his new plays they usually work. It was great to watch the team work and competitive spirit last Friday by our team. He could have used another new play on the two point try but he wanted to save them. The sportsmanship and integrity our kids play with is something to behold. Listen to your coaches this week and continue to pick each other up and the sky will be the limit. This team is going to be unstoppable in the not far away future. What can I say about my boy Taye. He was a one man wrecking crew last week. My boy Alex was all over that field on defense too. Coach Mathis did a great job of getting our athletes some new plays that worked to PERFECTION! We will win this week over Polk by as much as Coach Mathis wants to win by. We will not see any new plays for this game. He will be saving them for Pitchburg and Tyner. It's a great day to be a warrior! I am proud to be a Marion County Warrior!

That's the spirit, Madness!! I've got one question: Sounds like the plays he is saving are all "offense".. what's going to happen on "defense" when Marion sees complicated plays by athletic kids at S.Pitt and Tyner??

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

That's the spirit, Madness!! I've got one question: Sounds like the plays he is saving are all "offense".. what's going to happen on "defense" when Marion sees complicated plays by athletic kids at S.Pitt and Tyner??

Marion Madness knows offense wins games but defense wins championships. Right now MM and his coach are trying to win a game so that's why they are working so hard on their new offensive plays. When the wins start happening you will see a shift to top secret defensive adjustments. 

2 hours ago, piratetom said:

Jasper wins by 30

Coach Mathis will not try to win by 30. If they win by 30 it will be because he is playing our b team and they are scoring. Coach Mathis does not try and run up the score on teams like the Pitchburg and Tyner coaches do to teams. Coach Mathis has more integrity than to try and embarrass someone that way. Last week the Pitchburg coach ran up 50 points and the Tyner coach ran up 60 points. Our coach has good sportsmanship and will not do that stuff. Win The Day!

2 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

Coach Mathis will not try to win by 30. If they win by 30 it will be because he is playing our b team and they are scoring. Coach Mathis does not try and run up the score on teams like the Pitchburg and Tyner coaches do to teams. Coach Mathis has more integrity than to try and embarrass someone that way. Last week the Pitchburg coach ran up 50 points and the Tyner coach ran up 60 points. Our coach has good sportsmanship and will not do that stuff. Win The Day!

Madness, before you start typing things you know nothing about, you need to "stay in your lane". For your information, Tyner was leading 48-7 at halftime. We only scored 3 TD's after the half. The 2 TD's in the 4th were made by the back-up fullback and the last TD was a 50 yard interception by a freshman cornerback.

You wouldn't like if I made statements about what's going on in Jasper. So please unless you see it with your eyes don't make false statements!!