McNairy at Westview

McConnell's offense is dynamic, but it can be delt with. Personnel aside, there are keys and tendencies that tell you what's coming. If I were going to have to scheme against it, I'd start with Scotts Hill's playoff game at Waverly in '16. We held them to a low enough point total to have won, but their defense that season was "lights out" too. I have followed Waverly for a few years, and haven't seen anyone shut down McConnell's offense like that.

This game is going to tell how good Westview is. They got thrashed by the top 4 teams in the region last year except South Gibson. They gave up a ton of points to all 4 teams last year. Everybody expected them to be better this year but this is their 1st test and will tell a lot about them. Their first two games were against teams that are not very good and were very limited offensively. 

Westview is really good offensively... QB, RB, WR's, line... they're all good!

Defense is vulnerable..you'll have to put up 50+ to win next week. Not saying you all can't as I know nothing about McNairy, but this Westview team is pretty stinkin good. They also have a really good kicker that will put it through the end zone every time.

Edited by GCPioneer

3 hours ago, tradertwo said:

McConnell's offense is dynamic, but it can be delt with. Personnel aside, there are keys and tendencies that tell you what's coming. If I were going to have to scheme against it, I'd start with Scotts Hill's playoff game at Waverly in '16. We held them to a low enough point total to have won, but their defense that season was "lights out" too. I have followed Waverly for a few years, and haven't seen anyone shut down McConnell's offense like that.

Camden held them to 21 points in McConnells 2nd year at wavo  Coach Wolfe had a great game plan that week  our Secondary were all  second year starters and seniors . Fairview had some  good games vs as well not sure on the point totals in the Fairveiw games.   It can be done but it wont be easy

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Camden held them to 21 points in McConnells 2nd year at wavo  Coach Wolfe had a great game plan that week  our Secondary were all  second year starters and seniors . Fairview had some  good games vs as well not sure on the point totals in the Fairveiw games.   It can be done but it wont be easy

That was my point. The games mentioned would serve well to study and see what the LB's and DB's key on. Stroup told me that it was pretty simple once you figured it out schematically, then you just have to match up athletically and tackle well... sounds easy enough, right?

The offense can be slowed down I've seen it a couple time while McConnell  was in Waverly. It's hard to do but the Camden game he was talking about was against a freshman qb in his 1st ever varsity game most of the play makers on that team were freshman still.learning the system. But defense if u can run the ball to the outside  it's always open. Or jus pound it right up the middle . His def cord went with him and doesn't make adjustments . But u have to to be able to put up 30 plus jus to be in the game. Watch the Forrest game last year they slowed us down better than anyone last year