Hampton vs. Happy Valley

Kickersdad

6 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We ALL know what's coming tonight. Question is, can HV stop it for 4 qtrs? HV has a couple stud backs, can we stop the long gains? HV likes that 'throw it high and long and go get it' ball, can we be in position to make a play on it? I look for Happy Valley to try and capitalized on some screen passes &  passes in the flats to catch our backs out of position...Shall be interesting as long as all stay healthy.

Hampton has so many RBs, each with their own different skill set. Can't key on just one or two. HV has still yet to get the running game busted open. We have the backs to do it, just have to approach the Dawgs with respect, yet play with reckless abandon. Sometimes I think both of these teams would rather have a Dawg v. Warrior win than conference title.  Love that kind of rivalry, brings out heart in some that normally don't have it. Good luck tonight, especially to those two "uknoit2 jrs".

37 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I'm Going with Happy Valley in this one on Warrior Hill. I didn't have to give this one much thought. I based my decision solely on 1 factor:

Kickersdad isn't near as ugly as uknoit

Well well, ole pride! Picking against us is second nature to you, ya ole private hoser!

Glad You're still around tho....With you in the picture, we ain't near as ugly.

Hope the fam is doing well

42 minutes ago, Devilsx5 said:

I got the Hampton unicoi co game wrong so I'll go with the Bulldogs in this one my friend was a Hampton great he will give me crap picking against them back to back games

Dang! Was hoping you'd pick against us again....Worked in our favor last week :roflolk:

Dope us a hint of the Hampton great you speak of

Edited by uknoit2

1 hour ago, Kickersdad said:

Hampton has so many RBs, each with their own different skill set. Can't key on just one or two. HV has still yet to get the running game busted open. We have the backs to do it, just have to approach the Dawgs with respect, yet play with reckless abandon. Sometimes I think both of these teams would rather have a Dawg v. Warrior win than conference title.  Love that kind of rivalry, brings out heart in some that normally don't have it. Good luck tonight, especially to those two "uknoit2 jrs".

I appreciate that....My last two going thru and they're having a blast....pray all are healthy when the last second clicks off 

48 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I appreciate that....My last two going thru and they're having a blast....pray all are healthy when the last second clicks off 

It’s amazing what a premium there is on health at every level of football, even more so when they’re your own. I guess it’s part of what makes it such a great game! 

50 minutes ago, KennyPowers55 said:

It’s amazing what a premium there is on health at every level of football, even more so when they’re your own. I guess it’s part of what makes it such a great game! 

I reckon I've reached the age where the W isn't near as important as leaving the field, walking and knowing your last name!