Powell at Fulton

Elitesports4

18 hours ago, Bigdog4030 said:

Fulton should call Josh Jones and ask for their players back

Well that is the right attitude and a great thought, but Powell now has an Attorney on staff/retainer that takes care of all eligibility issues for their transfers/ recruits.  T$$AA fears nothing more than Attorneys/Court. Do you remember Brentwood Academy?     I see Powell having a signing event next year. I think Powell will be a trend setter in this era of transfers and will start a transfer portal like the NCAA has. Everyone else better catch on fast or they will be left behind.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BigTime1950 said:

Well that is the right attitude and a great thought, but Powell now has an Attorney on staff/retainer that takes care of all eligibility issues for their transfers/ recruits.  T$$AA fears nothing more than Attorneys/Court. Do you remember Brentwood Academy?     I see Powell having a signing event next year. I think Powell will be a trend setter in this era of transfers and will start a transfer portal like the NCAA has. Everyone else better catch on fast or they will be left behind.

Pure BS and not funny, either.  

Look - every school in Knox County has out of zone students playing football and other sports.  It's been done for years and every danged school in the county has played the game.  Legal transfers are not that difficult to get in Knox County and as long as one starts as a freshman at a school there are no eligibility issues with an out of zone student playing sports.  

Some schools in past years have played the game more/better than others.  Now some new players have entered the game.  But they are all still playing it.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Pure BS and not funny, either.  

Look - every school in Knox County has out of zone students playing football and other sports.  It's been done for years and every danged school in the county has played the game.  Legal transfers are not that difficult to get in Knox County and as long as one starts as a freshman at a school there are no eligibility issues with an out of zone student playing sports.  

Some schools in past years have played the game more/better than others.  Now some new players have entered the game.  But they are all still playing it.  

Word on the street is transfer portal is coming to TSSAA. Can't stop transfers then just manage them. Maybe T$$AA makes a buck or two from it. Signing days for 8th graders will make more interest in the game. The hat ceremonies will be intriguing. Maybe everybody needs a Josh Jones/recruiting coordinator. Transfer portal will keep teams from stockpiling talent. I am sure some attorneys need some probono work or practice sueing  someone. A new era coming to HS football.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Word on the street is transfer portal is coming to TSSAA. Can't stop transfers then just manage them. Maybe T$$AA makes a buck or two from it. Signing days for 8th graders will make more interest in the game. The hat ceremonies will be intriguing. Maybe everybody needs a Josh Jones/recruiting coordinator. Transfer portal will keep teams from stockpiling talent. I am sure some attorneys need some probono work or practice sueing  someone. A new era coming to HS football.

Hilarious.  

Don't quit your day job.  

Edited by HTV

Fulton has improved from week one to week 2.  Played Central tuff.  Powell will improve to 3-0 after playing Fulton.  Score not sure, but Powell will beat down there front 3 on D, just like they did vs AC in the second half.  Powell has a stable of RB that can get the job done, hard to maintain stamina when they are running the ball up the gut on a consistent basis. Powell will simply where them down.  

4 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Fulton has improved from week one to week 2.  Played Central tuff.  Powell will improve to 3-0 after playing Fulton.  Score not sure, but Powell will beat down there front 3 on D, just like they did vs AC in the second half.  Powell has a stable of RB that can get the job done, hard to maintain stamina when they are running the ball up the gut on a consistent basis. Powell will simply where them down.  

I think you are really downplaying Fulton's defense. There defense is the best thing they have and they're going to stop the run. They limited Elijah Young to only 89 yards and Powell's passing game proved to not be that good. If they can hold Elijah Young to that little of yards with 5 returning offensive lineman for South Doyle, I think they can do the same to Powell. It will be the tale of defenses as well this week.

10 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Yeah but did you ever think what if AC were fresh the whole game. Wella we would not be having this conversation....I guarantee you that...lol