Powell at Fulton

Elitesports4

15 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Nut was the score accurate. I had Powell scoring as much as South Doyle (42) Sounds like Fulton is playing somewhat better.

Fulton has a good defense, but that team is just young with very little depth, especially on offense. Plus, they are already dealing with some big injuries. I'm still surprised at their result last week against Central.

This game could have been a lot worse, oddly enough. Powell had a ton of penalties, much like Week 1. I'm not sure how many they ended up with, but they had 3 TDs negated.

20 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Fulton has a good defense, but that team is just young with very little depth, especially on offense. Plus, they are already dealing with some big injuries. I'm still surprised at their result last week against Central.

This game could have been a lot worse, oddly enough. Powell had a ton of penalties, much like Week 1. I'm not sure how many they ended up with, but they had 3 TDs negated.

Yeah Fulton has a lot injuries that's why I was wondering. No score for Fulton is like crazy. But the injuries add up. Powell is playing some really good ball. That South Doyle game will be awesome! Of course we have to play SD first lol. 

6 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah Fulton has a lot injuries that's why I was wondering. No score for Fulton is like crazy. But the injuries add up. Powell is playing some really good ball. That South Doyle game will be awesome! Of course we have to play SD first lol. 

The SD and West games should be great. Looks like OR woke up too, so I expect that one to be tough, especially in October.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Nut was the score accurate. I had Powell scoring as much as South Doyle (42) Sounds like Fulton is playing somewhat better.

Powell had 3 TD called back. on phantom flags.  It was border line ridiculous.  Powell should of had 55 points.  I had the game scored Powell 34 and the refs 21....lol

15 hours ago, osunut2 said:

The SD and West games should be great. Looks like OR woke up too, so I expect that one to be tough, especially in October.

Yeah I left out West. That is a good game too. Not sure but my guess is West may not be explosive in terms of Powell based on Bearden game. SD may be down a bit after the injury too. So Powell has a really good path to the undefeated regular season and that is saying alot when in the end you consider the teams they had to play....wow But again Powell is loaded !

1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

People r say they goin to turn them in they r waiting for them to win more games like they did last year cause of Josh Jones is recruiting players for Powell

Those kids that came to Powell from the Fulton feeder program are freshmen.  As long as they start their freshmen years of high school at a particular school there are no TSSAA eligibility issues.  Nothing to "turn in".  

And Powell isn't the only school that got kids from that feeder program this past year.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdog4030 said:

People r say they goin to turn them in they r waiting for them to win more games like they did last year cause of Josh Jones is recruiting players for Powell

I really have to disagree with this statement.   Because a player played little league for a YOUTH PROGRAM doesn't mean they have to go to that high school once they enter as a freshmen.  Josh is there at Powell however, he hasn't coached little league since 2017.  With that said, he wouldn't have been these current freshmen player's coach.  

Another thing;   TSSAA can't stop a parent from sending their child to another high school to get a better education for their child,  if their transfer was approved by Knox County Schools.    

• Like 1