OFFICIAL 5A Week 3 Top 10

biggreenmachine

12 hours ago, biggreenmachine said:

I figured since the AP poll was a joke I would take a stab at it myself. 

1. Knoxville Central- #1 until they’re beat

2. Beech- another deep playoff run 

3. Powell- most impressive wins so far

4. South Doyle- two blowout wins

5. Rhea County- two comfortable wins

6. Hillsboro- uber talented

7. Shelbyville- offense good. Defense ???

8. Page- two solid wins

9. David Crockett- small body of work

10. Henry County- tough two opening opponents 

Just missed (in alphabetical order):

Campbell County

Fulton

Gallatin

Kirby

Knoxville West

Ridgeway

Summit

Let the debating began!

One of the teams I feel that should be in the top 10 is West.  I would put them over 0-2 Henry County at #10.  

Again, I wouldn’t put too much stock into a team not being in the top 10. West very well may be a top 10 team. Let’s let a few games sort things out. In regards to Henry Co., they’ve played two elite teams and may still go 8-2. Record is not always indicative of the strength of the team this early in the year. 

The “real” poll has been released.

1. Knoxville Central (13)  150

2. Beech (1)   141

3. David Crockett (1)   99

4. Page   93

5. Powell  85

6. South Doyle (1)   66

7. Kirby   64

8. Henry County   46

9. Summit    37

10. Hillsboro    33

others receiving votes

Knoxville West   20   

Gallatin    19

21 hours ago, wave88 said:

The “real” poll has been released.

1. Knoxville Central (13)  150

2. Beech (1)   141

3. David Crockett (1)   99

4. Page   93

5. Powell  85

6. South Doyle (1)   66

7. Kirby   64

8. Henry County   46

9. Summit    37

10. Hillsboro    33

others receiving votes

Knoxville West   20   

Gallatin    19

How do teams with an 0-2 record get ranked?  Especially over some good teams that are 2-0, not even ranked.  Seems like these polls are inconsistent across the board.  

5 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

How do teams with an 0-2 record get ranked?  Especially over some good teams that are 2-0, not even ranked.  Seems like these polls are inconsistent across the board.  

I can’t really knock HC because I know who they have lost to.  I would dare say most of the teams in the 5A top 10 would lose to both of the teams they have played.  I had a problem with them last week because they received 2 first place votes.  I didn’t/don’t have a problem with them being ranked.  We can’t all be in the top 10.  Plus it gives those of us on the outside something else to motivate us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

I can’t understand why people get worked up over a poll that has absolutely no bearing on playoff seeding or deciding a champion. It’d be different if it did, but it doesn’t, so why worry about it? As far as 0-2 HC goes, they lost to #1 Haywood & #2 Beech. And beat Beech everywhere but the scoreboard. If Beech is #2, then there’s no way HC shouldn’t be ranked.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I can’t understand why people get worked up over a poll that has absolutely no bearing on playoff seeding or deciding a champion. It’d be different if it did, but it doesn’t, so why worry about it? As far as 0-2 HC goes, they lost to #1 Haywood & #2 Beech. And beat Beech everywhere but the scoreboard. If Beech is #2, then there’s no way HC shouldn’t be ranked.

Tell em!!!! I'm telling y'all I'm gonna have to hold back OmahaPatriot!!! This man is preaching right now! 

• Like 1