AP CLASS 2A POLL SEPT 2, 2019

Southtowner

Just now, Southtowner said:

I was gonna wait till the AP came out.  I put mine together last night. So since you asked here it is:

SouthTown Top 10
  1. Peabody
  2. Meigs County
  3. Tyner Academy
  4. Fairley
  5. Lewis County
  6. Oneida
  7. Trousdale County
  8. Mitchell
  9. Forrest
  10. (tie) South Greene - Watertown 

I wanted to see what people thought before the actual pole came out. You got Trousdale ahead of Watertown even after the win ? 

I moved Trousdale down.  Most likely too far though.  My 3-6 teams moved up 1 spot each. 7 and 8 remained the same. I moved out Happy Valley from the 10th spot even though they won but wasn't really impressed with how they got that win.  I put South Greene in and also have Watertown back in after I took them out last week.  It's just a work in progress like everything and every team is.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:17 AM, Imthayeti said:

Yeti Top 10

1. Peabody
  2. Tyner
  3. Trousdale
  4. Meigs
  5. Fairley
  6. Lewis County
  7. Oneida
  8. South Greene
  9. Forrest
  10. Happy Valley

No reason to put Meigs above Trousdale as I dont feel like since they beat us last time we met we deserve that jump. Tyner is playing great at this time I feel like they are a solid 2nd. I also feel like 5-10 could easily interchange. Honorable mention for me would be Eagleville and Mitchell. Bledsoe deserves mention, however I feel like they will get blown out come Friday against Tyner.

I like it :thumb: We all know the top 4 are set in stone ( and should be ) 5-10 is where the debate begins.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I like it :thumb: We all know the top 4 are set in stone ( and should be ) 5-10 is where the debate begins.

Hard to say. Trousdale lost which 

Dropped them some imo. Watertown should definitely gain. That is also a copy of last week's poll not the current one injustice made. I think ST is right honestly, however I do believe H20 deserves credit for their win.

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Hard to say. Trousdale lost which 

Dropped them some imo. Watertown should definitely gain. That is also a copy of last week's poll not the current one injustice made. I think ST is right honestly, however I do believe H20 deserves credit for their win.

I most likely jumped the gun taking Watertown out of the top 10 last week after their loss.  Their loss isn't so bad as it's against a very good top ten 4A team in Nolensville.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I most likely jumped the gun taking Watertown out of the top 10 last week after their loss.  Their loss isn't so bad as it's against a very good top ten 4A team in Nolensville.  

They are definitely building confidence now. Along with quite a few others. Forrest had a good win, Tyner, and a few more.

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

It's more like the top spot is set in stone while the debate is for 2-10. No matter how impressive Tyner has been so far you can't forget last season's playoff thrashing at home against Trousdale which ended an equally impressive 2018 campaign. Meigs took the same Trousdale team to the limit on the road and seems to better this year. 

Very hard to compare the far west teams to the far east teams that never play each other or any common opponents. With the west's recent dominance at Cookeville I would give a west team the benefit of any toss up scenarios. 

3 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Agree. Too many times teams get the vote due to tradition alone. I think TC is a top 10 team with ability to move up to top 4 but I would put Watertown ahead now based on work so far.