AP CLASS 2A POLL SEPT 2, 2019

Southtowner

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

It's more like the top spot is set in stone while the debate is for 2-10. No matter how impressive Tyner has been so far you can't forget last season's playoff thrashing at home against Trousdale which ended an equally impressive 2018 campaign. Meigs took the same Trousdale team to the limit on the road and seems to better this year. 

Very hard to compare the far west teams to the far east teams that never play each other or any common opponents. With the west's recent dominance at Cookeville I would give a west team the benefit of any toss up scenarios. 

So no matter what Tyner does this year, the TC loss is what you base the 2019 poll on!! Hard for me to understand your logic but that's your opinion!! Peabody is solid at #1 and imo 2-10 will go up and down until the end of October!!

1 hour ago, TynerRamFan said:

Bledsoe has an above average running game. Passing game is average. Top 12 team as you ranked them is fine, however they could surprise some teams this year!!

Should be some good games between regions 3 & 4 this year then.

Edited by Imthayeti

So no matter what Tyner does this year, the TC loss is what you base the 2019 poll on!! Hard for me to understand your logic but that's your opinion!! Peabody is solid at #1 and imo 2-10 will go up and down until the end of October!!

I feel we are all chasing Peabody. It is what it is. End of the road there be a dragon.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

You were at the Bledsoe Tyner game correct? Is Bledsoe that good? 

No I was not there, but Bledsoe will probably finish right behind Tyner in their region, Bledsoe can probably stay with everyone in the top 10 except probably Peabody for about 3 quarters. That’s why I put them in the top 10. I know there a lot better than the South Greene team that came to Meigs last year. IMO

3 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

No I was not there, but Bledsoe will probably finish right behind Tyner in their region, Bledsoe can probably stay with everyone in the top 10 except probably Peabody for about 3 quarters. That’s why I put them in the top 10. I know there a lot better than the South Greene team that came to Meigs last year. IMO

Thank you, pretty much what I wanted to know. 

Speaking of difficult to understand logic. After trying to discredit my post you essentially repeat the exact same thing I said in closing almost word for word. :roll:

But since you asked about Tyner. Not alot to go by 2-3 weeks into the season so late 2018 performance is relevant for some teams. Their only venture into tough AA football last year resulted in a 5 Touchdown playoff loss at home that could have been worse. Since Watertown, Meigs, and Trousdale were all about even in 2018 more logic says all three would have throttled Tyner last season. So at best a team that the internet said was full of athletes and was a favorite to represent the east was a distant 4th best in the AA east. 

Meigs is  better than last season and TC and WT are not as good but surely not 5 TDs worse. How much better is 2019 Tyner vs last season's team that was hyped up after coasting through a soft schedule and predicted to make another push to Cookeville? 

15 minutes ago, Salem said:

Speaking of difficult to understand logic. After trying to discredit my post you essentially repeat the exact same thing I said in closing almost word for word. :roll:

But since you asked about Tyner. Not alot to go by 2-3 weeks into the season so late 2018 performance is relevant for some teams. Their only venture into tough AA football last year resulted in a 5 Touchdown playoff loss at home that could have been worse. Since Watertown, Meigs, and Trousdale were all about even in 2018 more logic says all three would have throttled Tyner last season. So at best a team that the internet said was full of athletes and was a favorite to represent the east was a distant 4th best in the AA east. 

Meigs is  better than last season and TC and WT are not as good but surely not 5 TDs worse. How much better is 2019 Tyner vs last season's team that was hyped up after coasting through a soft schedule and predicted to make another push to Cookeville? 

I didn't discredit your post. Just don't agree with it!! Get out of your feelings!! Starting With your 2nd paragraph, the only thing factual you said was our 5td loss to TC! As for the other teams beating us: just another opinion!!

According to you, our so-called "soft schedule" was the exact teams we played in 2017 resulting in a 6 point double overtime loss in the Championship game. 

We loss 2nd round last year and that's just what it was: LAST YEAR!! This is 2019!!

2 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

I didn't discredit your post. Just don't agree with it!! Get out of your feelings!! Starting With your 2nd paragraph, the only thing factual you said was our 5td loss to TC! As for the other teams beating us: just another opinion!!

According to you, our so-called "soft schedule" was the exact teams we played in 2017 resulting in a 6 point double overtime loss in the Championship game. 

We loss 2nd round last year and that's just what it was: LAST YEAR!! This is 2019!!

I don't have any feelings - good or bad- for Tyner.  I only used them as an example of the parity in 2A this season. They are generally ranked near the top in most 2A polls in 2019. Most of their poll prominence is based off of their success in 2017 and the 10-2 record in 2018.  The Tyner 2018 schedule: 10 wins - best opponent record was 6-5. Combined record of all 10 teams that Tyner defeated last season was 42- 66. East Robertson is arguably the best win from that season. They were unquestionably overhyped.  What's different this year? Majority of the team returned? Any new players?