Sonney Moore D2A week 3

ReitzFan

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

OK, since you requested me to "carry on", I will. 

Emotional response? No... I'm in no way affiliated with TCA, or any other DII school for that matter.

Stats and facts...LOL, no. There are no stats to project the outcome of a season after the second week... DCA may very well go undefeated and win the gold ball, but there's zilch other than the open opportunity for them to do so in order to speculate that they will. You say 9-1... it's possible... if I say they lose every game hence, that's also possible, and if I say that TCA would mercy rule them by halftime, well that's possible also, if highly improbable.

This last part is just to clear up some things about TCA from an impartial perspective, since you felt the need to elaborate so thoroughly concerning their history. TCA is a small private school in Madison County. They "compete" primarily with USJ and JCS for students, along with a handful of smaller private schools, Madison Academic (magnet), Liberty (tech), and the Madison County system. The county system is a dumpster fire... academics are very bad, administration is not stable, and facilities are old and in disrepair. Madison is a good option, but is small. Liberty is individually ranked near the bottom of Tn. public schools. Those facts force the parents who "want more" for their children to pay for the privilege. The well to do segment usually support USJ and JCS (in that order) because of tradition. TCA is comprised of students not from the wealthy and entitled, but from those not willing to accept mediocre or worse for their children. The school that I support has ties with TCA back to their beginning with TSSAA in district and region play, and I can positively affirm for you that their advantage (your word) over their competition while in DI was never manipulated by recruiting players, hiring parents, paying tuitions, or otherwise illegal or immoral tactics. No school or fanbase that we have any history with has represented themselves better...period. The "history" of their athletic program needs no explanation. Football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, softball, soccer, and others have competed at the highest levels in the state, with many representatives of TCA going on to play at DI schools. To my knowledge, TCA has never been questioned or investigated for TSSAA infractions. 

Sorry to write a book, but thanks for allowing me to play. 

Thanks Trader. And never an inquiry by the TSSAA

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Emotional response? No... I'm in no way affiliated with TCA, or any other DII school for that matter.

Stats and facts...LOL, no. There are no stats to project the outcome of a season after the second week... DCA may very well go undefeated and win the gold ball, but there's zilch other than the open opportunity for them to do so in order to speculate that they will. You say 9-1... it's possible... if I say they lose every game hence, that's also possible, and if I say that TCA would mercy rule them by halftime, well that's possible also, if highly improbable.

This last part is just to clear up some things about TCA from an impartial perspective, since you felt the need to elaborate so thoroughly concerning their history. TCA is a small private school in Madison County. They "compete" primarily with USJ and JCS for students, along with a handful of smaller private schools, Madison Academic (magnet), Liberty (tech), and the Madison County system. The county system is a dumpster fire... academics are very bad, administration is not stable, and facilities are old and in disrepair. Madison is a good option, but is small. Liberty is individually ranked near the bottom of Tn. public schools. Those facts force the parents who "want more" for their children to pay for the privilege. The well to do segment usually support USJ and JCS (in that order) because of tradition. TCA is comprised of students not from the wealthy and entitled, but from those not willing to accept mediocre or worse for their children. The school that I support has ties with TCA back to their beginning with TSSAA in district and region play, and I can positively affirm for you that their advantage (your word) over their competition while in DI was never manipulated by recruiting players, hiring parents, paying tuitions, or otherwise illegal or immoral tactics. No school or fanbase that we have any history with has represented themselves better...period. The "history" of their athletic program needs no explanation. Football, baseball, boys and girls basketball, softball, soccer, and others have competed at the highest levels in the state, with many representatives of TCA going on to play at DI schools. To my knowledge, TCA has never been questioned or investigated for TSSAA infractions. 

I appreciate my public school brother and his kind words.

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Lol you described my well thought out and articulated post as a “rant.” That’s clearly, even though you deny it, an emotional comment. I didn’t “feel” any need to elaborate but I did respond to his “tome” that provided their history. The “advantage” I spoke of was clearly the reason why the TSSAA split the need based financial aide giving schools and the non. Surely you don’t disagree?

The remaining portion of your “book” is nice editorializing. Congrats! Next time provide a Cliffs Notes version if you don’t mind. Carry on. 

6 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

To your point about the schedule you have to play who’s on your schedule though. 

Well friend, you have finally made one statement that I can't argue with. It is true that you have to play the teams on your schedule. Our schedule just happens to be loaded with the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 ranked teams in the current Sonny Moore poll. They'll also includes the number 6 ranked team in the division 1 class 3A poll. The overall schedule for DCA, at least through this early part of the season, does pale in comparison on strength-of-schedule basis

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

Well friend, you have finally made one statement that I can't argue with. It is true that you have to play the teams on your schedule. Our schedule just happens to be loaded with the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9 ranked teams in the current Sonny Moore poll. They'll also includes the number 6 ranked team in the division 1 class 3A poll. The overall schedule for DCA, at least through this early part of the season, does pale in comparison on strength-of-schedule basis

I’m shocked. You’ve literally argued about every other linear and reasonable point I’ve made. Have you looked at everyone else’s schedule? How do they stack up to the gauntlet you guys face?

2 hours ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol you described my well thought out and articulated post as a “rant.” That’s clearly, even though you deny it, an emotional comment. I didn’t “feel” any need to elaborate but I did respond to his “tome” that provided their history. The “advantage” I spoke of was clearly the reason why the TSSAA split the need based financial aide giving schools and the non. Surely you don’t disagree?

The remaining portion of your “book” is nice editorializing. Congrats! Next time provide a Cliffs Notes version if you don’t mind. Carry on. 

From the Free Dictionary... Rant; To express at length a complaint or negative opinion.

I agree that your post was both well thought out and articulated, but the definition of the descriptive word that I chose for it seems to be categorically correct. As for the advantage of privates over publics, and TSSAA's attempt to evenly balance the scales where TCA (and other fully compliant schools) was concerned... I have never had a complaint about TCA regarding their acquisition of athletes while they were in DI. TCA was placed in DII for the actions of other schools who chose to remain in DI, yet push the envelope concerning work study programs and similar gray areas that were used as loopholes to acquire athletes. TSSAA simply decided that a complete separation was the easiest and most defined way to police it.

As for cliff notes, I've had that approach backfire too many times... anything not painstakingly described can be (usually is) misinterpreted or twisted into something entirely different than intended.

I hope that you don't view our "conversation" as anything other than a discussion about football in general, and TCA specifically... I have enjoyed it actually, have no ill feelings toward you at all, and assure you that I wasn't taking backhanded jabs with the "rant" comment, just noted that it was thorough and off Reitz's "tome" (you win, I had to look it up) a little bit. Happy trails!

Edited by tradertwo

52 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

I’m shocked. You’ve literally argued about every other linear and reasonable point I’ve made. Have you looked at everyone else’s schedule? How do they stack up to the gauntlet you guys face?

Hey Sparky. If you want the answers, do the research yourself. I'm not going to be your Encyclopedia of information.

Not a TCA supporter but I don't think it's fair to call them a "mediocre" program.

Most years they struggle with depth and numbers, but they're really well-coached, play hard and they always cater to their advantages. They play the right way.

In this division i expect them to be competitive almost every year and be in the mix for Cookeville every 4-5 years give or take. They're not a team to overlook or underestimate.

3 hours ago, BigEdMo said:

Thanks Trader. And never an inquiry by the TSSAA

3 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I appreciate my public school brother and his kind words.

Just speaking the truth guys. I do appreciate the class always displayed by your kids, fans, and administration (even those nuts in the booth!)… otherwise I would have probably just let Reitz scold him some while I laughed

14 minutes ago, Kublah said:

Not a TCA supporter but I don't think it's fair to call them a "mediocre" program.

Most years they struggle with depth and numbers, but they're really well-coached, play hard and they always cater to their advantages. They play the right way.

In this division i expect them to be competitive almost every year and be in the mix for Cookeville every 4-5 years give or take. They're not a team to overlook or underestimate.

Kublah, you and I definitely support different teams. However I will tell you that I appreciate your support and thoughts in this discussion. Let's hope that on Friday that it is a well played, hard-hitting game by both teams. I also pray that there are no injuries to any of the young men who will be participating on Friday.

Edited by ReitzFan